October 8-12, 2012: Fantastic Week for B&B

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so maybe a few. I realize that daytime often doesn't get a lot of push on primetime, but if Days and NBC were so happy to get Eileen back they should have shouted it from the rooftops.

We'll see how Days' numbers improve with Eileen integrated onto the canvas.

• Members

Who expected a ratings rise with this return? The character has been off for 14 years and was rarely (if ever) mentioned since she left.

Most people (not diehards fans on message boards) who were watching back then moved on, and to most people who started watching since then, she means nothing to them - she's just another character from an era with no significance to them.

Returns have never been proven to boost ratings, the exception being Marcil's first return to GH.

• Members

Points well taken. My point was Eileen's return should have produced at least a 2.0 rating, maybe a 2.1 or 2.2... it seems like that's all the diehard Days fans have been talking about is "Kristen's back!". Instead the 2.0 rating happened on Monday. What happened that day?

I want to see how the numbers move in future weeks. Days needs all the help it can get, because B&B's numbers are headed in the right direction and Y&R looks like it's getting better under Josh Griffith.

Archived