September 10-14, 2012: All Soaps Down in Total Viewers

Toups

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think most of DAYS' problem lies in the fact they shoot so far in advance, they can't react to negative public reaction to stories they're doing and so they linger on these dud story arcs for WAY too long, then react with breakneck speed to correct it and we get messes like the website storyline which concluded in a single episode and was filled with clips that had never aired before. They really need to slow down the pace of shooting, especially if they want to survive the next year.

• Members

I think that's part of it but it's more than that. I think a lot of it is how exhausted some of the characters are that they seem to think they need to constantly focus on. I can accept certain characters are more popular and generate buzz but even with that, audience fatigue plays a part. And who they focus on And what they focus on constantly hasn't really shifted even with the writing and production changes.

• Members

Wow OLTL was doing really good this time last year, if GH is beating that then they should be safe for the time being.

DAYS... eh I really don't them being last place matters with there only being 4 soaps. I don't see NBC getting rid of it if it's cheap and the only hour they have in the afternoon. But honestly it's so boring I don't care either way. I am not even excited about Eileen Davidson anymore judging from how TomSell have done so far.

• Members

I still Miss MarDar the show was much exciting. But I do see promise in Days. I agree with the statements about fatigue. So true on Sami, Rafe and EJ. But I do like all the character interactions 'Ive been seeing. At this point I dont know what could if anything at all can save Days.

Y&R while still weird is still entertainig to me I don't know why. I've really enjoyed Phyllis the last few weeks.I also love the music cues they use.

Archived