Y&R: Jess Walton is back

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Catching up on the thread. So excited JW is back. A couple of items: 1) I LOVED the Jill/Mamie rivalry. It was classic. You could tell both actors were having a hoot! 2) I thought the John/Mamie pairing was AWFUL because Mamie was like a member of the family and a friend - the way she helped John raise the children - it had nothing to do with race. Plus the chemistry was just not there, which leads to 3) Neil/Victoria - ZERO chemistry! Couples work regardless of race when there is sizzle. (Damon/Phyllis - that was some serious HEAT! I don't recall any backlash there. The Damon character had some big problems - but the pairing was believable.) Shermar Moore could have been paired with a number of non-AA women. Phyllis for starters, but I loved their friendship, so I was happy with that dimension to the characters.

Anyway, back to JW. I think I'll be tuning in back soon. Looking forward to having her kick some butt on the show. One more thing - the time off has suited her - she looks fantastic! Now, Jill needs to get back into some cleavage-showing, evening gowns for a business meeting at the office. THAT will make me happy! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived