Y&R: Fourth Actress OUT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think, at this point, people just have very low expectations for the show (and all of daytime for that matter). Maria's tenure (and LML and Smith's) caused such irreversible damage to the show that will never be able to be totally undone, so a lot are just willing to see what happens with the new regime and are going into it with an open mind.

JFP's faults are well-documented, but that doesn't mean she's totally without talent, and truth be told, Maria never came close to any of her strengths.

It could be turn out to be as bad or worse than Maria's run, but most are just happy some change was made at this show, so there is an element of hope/wishful thinking at this point.

• Members

Honestly you know people are ready for change when they aren't spinning urban legends and fury over JFP's arrival (except maybe DC's hissy over Marcy Rylan). This is probably the most positive experience JFP has had with daytime fans in about 20 years. I think she could fire a dozen more people and most fans wouldn't care.

• Members

Even better, she could fire practically anyone, save for maybe Jeanne Cooper, and it actually would be a blessing to the show. That is how bad Y&R has become. Virtually anyone and everyone has become dead weight and expendable.

• Members

laugh.png .

And, oh, God, YES to getting rid of Restless Style, too. What the [!@#$%^&*] was MAB thinking with that [!@#$%^&*], anyway? It went from being another health/beauty/lifestyle rag in a market already flooded with them (for once, I agreed with Victor when he warned that starting a print magazine was a bad business move) to...whatever the hell it is now (aside from a plot device whenever one character wants to go "Boo yeah!" at another).

Archived