Y&R: Fourth Actress OUT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I completely disagree. I totally bought Vail as the daughter of Paul & April In fact, I'd have LOVED it if the actress who played April had come back to usher Heather in. The resemblance was uncanny! And Vail's Heather is the ONLY Heather I've bought as Paul's daughter.

Doug Davidson never connected to Eden Riegel like he did Vail Bloom. I can't speak to Jennifer Landon, as I haven't seen her enough to judge.

I don't think it could be worse than MAB's. At the very least, I think the show is going to be visually more beautiful than it is now. I also think she's making some smart decisions on what excess weight to dumb because if Y&R is one thing right now it's bloated. Marland's 6 month rule needn't apply here.

And good for JFP! She's earned it. She doesn't have all those Emmys for nothing.

She's a talented producer, many say the best line producer in the business, and like her or not, she cares about this genre and sees it as something worth saving. No way is she going to help send Y&R to its grave. She's here to keep it going and the fans keeping an open mind speaks volume. This is the first time in a long time that JFP is being looked at as the savior of anything and with a massive ego like hers, she isn't taking it lightly. The closer her material gets to airing, the better feeling I get about it.

Actually if she fired Granny Cooper and hired Granny Learned full time, I wouldn't complain. ;)

But I understand the point you're making. The only person I'd actually hate to see fired right now is Jessica Collins because I think she's a dynamite actress giving the performance of her career.

• Members

She's recurring, right? JFP wouldn't really be getting rid of her then, she could just stop using her altogether and give Phyllis a throwaway line about her retconned sister moving out of town or something.

I doubt they're getting rid of her though, they need another town lawyer, since they gave Michael the DA role (since they ran out of ideas of what to do with that character years ago).

• Members

Yeah, because most soap fans are so damn predictable. Every single time a long time head writer is replaced, fans rejoice claiming the new person cannot possibly as bad as the old one. RME. JFP is currently shedding peripheral and less popular (ETA) characters so there is not much outrage, wait she turns her guns on her favorite targets, the older established women characters like Nikki, Jill, etc. I think that it is wise to be cautious and skeptical when it comes to someone with JFP's history on the soaps taking over Y&R.

• Members

In JFP's case, every time she's gone to a new show, some fans have been happy, and some have been freaked out. I was freaked out when she went to OLTL, and GH, not because I thought those shows were in good shape, but because I had a lot of issues with her GL tenure.

I don't disagree with you about the potential for carnage. I'm just saying that the lack of negative response to JFP so far says a lot about how many fans realize the show is in big trouble.

• Members

You know, I used to believe that people like JFP actually cared about their reputations. Now, though, I believe they're (still) in the business for two reasons: ego and paycheck. They don't give a damn what the viewers think about them.

• Members

It is very possible that JFP has decided that she has contributed to damaging enough soaps and is more careful with Y&R, but I certainly don't think that she worries about her reputation with soap fans. After all she is keeps on getting hired so in her mind, she must be doing something right.

Archived