Brooke VS Erica: What started the feud??

allmc2008

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, but Brooke and Mark were also paired. Mark was the half-brother of Erica, and she did NOT WANT him with Brooke.

I am not sure why, but Erica wanted some marijuana planted in Brooke's purse in order to cause her trouble. She had seen Claudette with some in the Goal Post or the Chateau. Erica planted it there, but Benny saw her do it. He told Brooke, and they decided to put it into Erica's purse. Erica was later stopped at a roadblock or stopped due to a minor traffic violation. The marijuanna was found (This was just as decrimalizing marijuana in some localities), and Erica was charged with drug possession. I think that was the first time for legal troubles for Erica.

• Members

Brooke wanted Tom, but he married Erica, and then when Erica and Tom separated, Brooke moved in on him and tried to take Erica's place with him. Also, the night before Erica and Adam's first wedding, Erica and Tom got wasted together and had sex, which did not sit well with a pregnant Brooke.

• Members

I remember the story better now.

Erica may have asked Benny to place the marijuanna in Brooke's handbag. Benny refused. Therefore, Erica decided to try it herself. She put in Brooke's purse, but Nick saw her. Nick warned Brooke, and they decided to put it in Erica's handbag. Then later, Erica was stopped by the Pine Valley Police and was charged with drug possession.

• Members

I know Julia Barr was definitely playing Brooke by the time Tom and Erica got married in Sept. 1978.

Nick cared about Erica, but he also thought she was a spoiled brat. Remember - Erica is the one who overheard Nick tell Mona that he was Phil Brent's biological father, and Erica spilled the beans to Nick, causing him to freak out and go off on his alcoholic adoptive father, who then crashed his car and died. Plus when Nick and Erica were together, she did set him up so Mona would find them in bed together.

• Members

Julia Barr was the second actress to play Brooke. She had been cast on Ryan's Hope, but the writers were told at the end of the first year that there were too many storylines on the show. Her role was dropped, and she became Brooke on All My Children.

Elissa Leeds (who had previously been working on Agnes Nixon shows, The Guiding Light and Another World) was the original Brooke. She seemed younger, and when Ms. Barr was recast, Brooke was older.

The late Harriet Hall (Emily on Somerset) later played Brooke. Julia Barr left the show to act in a play (written by Ernest Thompson of Somerset) and the chracter left town. She returned and was played by Ms. Hall. Ms. Barr later returned to the role.

• Members

She also played a mom on the short-lived FOX teen soap Tribes. There are clips of her on YouTube. I believe HamiltonBernique has an AMC episode of her on YouTube, but I've never been able to find it. I only know because others here have mentioned it.

Archived