Y&R Casting Call

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

y&r _fan I already gave you the pleasure of responding to you twice this month try again in October for another response. Anywhoo, I didn't read your response to my CK reply.

But I would add this, CkLily was laughable confronting Chloe, Dru daughter would have put fear into Chloe heart. Dru daughter would have went after Phylis after seeing her mother went over the cliff.

• Members

I've looked into it, and TV One is uninterested in scripted series at this time. My guess is an obvious one, that they are too expensive. Unsung is a great program yet very inexpensive to produce. Honestly, Unsung always leaves me feeling like they've just scratched the surface, I usually enjoy them so much I could go for two hours.

BET and TV One are both headquartered in the D.C. area. With tax breaks, they could certainly work something out for a scripted series if using Tyler Perry's budget friendly model down in Atlanta. Tim Reid and Daphne Maxwell-Reid have a studio down in VA, and The Corner, The Wire, Veep, House of Cards, et cetera, have had minimal built sets, almost all on location/rented out office space.

Archived