Y&R Casting Call

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Devon is a black male who was orphaned as 16. The other stuff doesn't sound like him, but that could be part of the retooled Devon with the new regime. There's more story for him as a business man than as a musician. I just hope it ISN'T Devon, but I know it is. At the very least, they should be trying to cast Nate Hastings.

• Members

Orphaned doesn't necessarily mean dead parents, but also the lack of parental figures in a child's life. Devon's first scene was with Victor and a group of underprivileged boys. It was established pretty soon that he'd been abandoned by Yolanda.

• Members

Bye Kristof St. Yawn!!!!! It's been real... YR only kept him this long so that they can claim they have a black vet, even though he NEVER contributed anything to the show, and once VR left, he had no one to carry him. No woman in his orbit has measured up to VR, so KSJ's true abilities can no longer be hidden. He lacks presence, charisma and 1/2 a personality, pretty much the criteria for black males on Daytime. KSJ delivered big time!

• Members

First & foremost KSJ isn't gettintg no vet salary. He getting paid above minium wage at best. Everybody knows black workers are getting paid way less then their white counter parts. Matter of fact, I bet DG is getting paid more then KSJ.

2nd, this recast does sound like Devon, he was in foster care, he did go to college & also work for a little while for NE.

• Members

I couldn't agree more. He has always been a boring character, but of course, you NEED those bland characters to react to the gregarious ones. It's just that once Drusilla was written out, he just didn't have anyone to play off of. He did ok with Shemar Moore as well, acting like the good boy whose sh!t didn't stink, etc. etc. I just think his unsefuness on the canvas is over. Tatyiana Ali plays a bland goody goody character, but for some reason, she's a PLEASURE to watch. It's just hard to explain. He never had much presence to me.

• Members

There is nothing wrong with Neil or Kristoff.

It's not his or Victoria's fault that The Barber/Winters family is pretty much gone.

Kristoff is a extremely solid actor & Neil used to be a lead character (though not to Kristoff's full potential) but like with Paul, Olivia, Nina, Mamie, Lauren, Nate & Jill it's not the actor's responsibility to write for their characters nor is it their fault if they're backburnered especially in Kristoff's case when there are CLEAR double standards at play.

Archived