Katie Couric's Daytime Show: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I realized that our GH will start at 1:00 but Katie will not start until 4:00. At least I do not have to worry about changing the channel right after GH is over!! Who else is like this??

Our new line up will be

Mid-Day news -12:00

GH-1:00

Anderson-2:00

Dr. OZ-3:00

Katie-4:00

I think I will like this. I missed having a soap after mid-day.

• Members

Not gonna lie, I will be watching, at least the first week. Mainly out of curiosity. It helps that it's not scheduled against ELLEN, because then... well, forget it! lol

Btw, I guess the thread title can be changed now, right? LOL

• Members

I'm gonna check out Katie. I always loved her on The Today Show. Didn't see hardly any of her work on CBS (expect for the Sarah Palin interview, of course) but always liked her personality and her interviews.

I wonder how Chicago's ABC affiliate, WLS (the birthplace of Oprah!) is doing without Oprah at 9am and no strong soap line-up. Having Inside Edition & Jeopardy at the 2pm hour between GH and Katie seems weird.

• Members

Because Katie is airing on the ABC O&O (owned and operated) stations in the major markets, effectively whatever the O&O stations do dictates a lot for the affiliates, though there are markets where Katie will air on another network's affiliate since the ABC affiliates had the ability to pass on airing the show.

• Members

Yeah, it wasn't that great but it wasn't bad either. I'll be checking out future episodes to see how this continues.

Mostly I just thought Katie was very nervous and, at times, came off as very fake (especially that bit with her friends).

I wasn't too crazy about Jessica Simpson and Sheryl Crow as the very first guests and I did not like that set at all.

• Members

Episode 2 was really boring. Aimee Copeland was inspiring but the whole experience was really bland. And what was up with devoting a whole segment to promoting tomorrow's show? Didn't they have enough material to fill this episode?

Meanwhile, it's obvious that they really want to emulate OPRAH. The set, the format, everything. I guess that's not a bad thing cos I still miss Oprah but they gotta do a better job at it--and Katie needs to work on her questions.

But the Sep. 11th ending was good.

Archived