June 25-29, 2012

Toups

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely. I'm actually surprised to see Y&R rise given the bad will so many have for the show and rightfully so, it sounds like. Still I'm happy to see the boost just because they employ former AMC actors. Yeah, I know that's not fair but any show that throws a paycheck at Debbi Morgan, Darnell Williams and Missy Claire Egan, however briefly, gets a little love from me.

B&B is the real success story in the soapverse. They get no attention and no support from the soap press yet they have managed to remain healthy and viable. When Y&R was plummeting, B&B was only marginally affected. In fact, if I use some of the reasoning I've seen discussed by some disgruntled OLTL fans, Y&R is benefiting from B&B because people are tuning in/setting their DVR's early to make sure they don't miss any B&B. (No I don't believe that but I remember seeing that theory with regards to OLTL and The Chew. LOL!)

I'm beginning to think that B&B's success suggests that the love of the soap press is actually damaging to certain shows. While onliners have been spraying their shorts over Cartini's OLTL (and now GH) B&B has been keeping its viewers (a.k.a. their customers) satisfied. All the "This is the best show you aren't watching!" online, astroturfing can make up for the fact that...they aren't watching.

• Members

Staying on the network may not be a big deal if they can pull a Baywatch and keep the production chugging along for the international audience, and syndicate in the US. It's a longshot, but if anyone has the international audience to pull it off, it's B&B.

• Members

From what I've heard over the years Y&R has done pretty well internationally. They have large support in a few different countries. Lol my aunt lived outside of the US in the 80s and Y&R was must watch tv in her country. She said everyone in their mother watched kinda like how B&B is over in Europe now people go crazy for that soap. B&B's is the most popular soap opera in the world I expect it to be the last one standing.

• Members

DAYS is a hot mess someone need too tell ken corday too get off the golf course it looking like atwt everyday ken get it together or yall going too be cancel im not going too be doing everybody watch days cause it a mess a hot mess the best story is the will gay story other than that it plus they going too drop that story in the fall so what the point of watching this.

Archived