Andy Griffith has passed away

Eric83

• Members

RIP Andy Griffith. He was a terrific actor and seemed like a wonderful man as well. My dad got me watching and loving the Andy Griffith show. He grew up on them. I enjoy watching episodes of the Andy Griffith show on TV Land. My favorite episodes are the black and white ones, even though I enjoy a lot of the color episodes as well, especially the ones where we see how Opie is growing up. Andy definitely was a tv legend and I also liked how he represented my home state of NC. He will be missed.

• Members

I believe SFK turned us onto this gem. laugh.png

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QMmwpbS1PNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OMG, I was JUST about to post this! laugh.png

RIP Andy. I know it's weird to say as she's already passed away herself, but this is one of those deaths that would have made my mom so sad. "Awww, Andy. sad.png " He was such a warm, charming personality. I miss Hollywood people like that.

Trivia: Did you know that Huckleberry Hound was modeled after Andy?

You just know they're going to whistle at that funeral...

• Members

The best of the best. There's no other show I remember watching early on in my life more than TAGS. A knack for telling stories and a memory for them like no other. Watch his TV Legends interview on YouTube. Fantastic.

RIP, Ange. sad.png

TV Land is doing a marathon of TAGS in his memory tomorrow. I don't have cable right now, so I can't watch it, so thank God for YouTube wub.png .

ETA This has always been love for me laugh.png.

http://www.thedailys...10/mayberry-wtf

I didnt realize he was still alive

Jon Stewart asked the same thing here, Cheap.

• Members

Lemme tell everyone the Matlock story. I just posted this on my Facebook.

RIP Matlock. Ah, I mean Andy Griffith.

Last Summer I got hooked on Matlock reruns. It was kinda odd being 23 and watching Matlock. But, I remember it from when I was a kid. My bio-dad loved it. But, one time. I was being a little brat. And, was jumping on the bed while he was watching Matlock. And, I wouldn't stop. Even though he told me to like 5 times. So, he beat my ass with a belt. I don't blame him. Matlock is ass beating worthy. I think I have a few episodes on my DVR. I should watch them tonight.

Archived