Songs you HATE!

Cheap21

• Members

So what are popular and/or well known songs you just cant stand? Let me introduce you to the song which inspired this thread which Im sure many of you might love:

I dont know who this chick is or where she came from but her song is EVERYWHERE! I cant escape it. Sure its catchy and I can see why people might like it but it annoys me to no end. I cant turn on the friggin radio without hearing. "Call me maybe" No, he dont want to call your bitch ass!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She was on the Canadian version of American Idol, but what made her blow up was how she was on Ellen and Justin Bieber started singing with her. Well you know how some of his fans are.

• Members

It tends to be a song that is overexposed on the radio, but most of the time it is a song that reminds me of someone that hurt me... I just can't listen to it without bad memories rushing back. (Well, I guess I don't hate these songs as much as I just can't listen to them.)

• Members

Don't get me wrong: on its surface, this is a good song. In fact, it's a GREAT song. But this also is a song that has been overexposed to the point of parody. (When fat black men are using this as their anthem, too? Something is terribly, terribly wrong.)

Moreover...? This video, although an early attempt at the format, makes no damn sense. If you're really "every woman," Chaka Me, then don't you think you should have more than two hairstyles? Just saying!

• Members

Who are the fat black men?

I hadn't seen that video in a long time. I'd forgotten you almost get a nip slip.

I love a lot of Chaka's 70's and 80's stuff, so I'm glad one lives on (even if it seemed to become a hit again mostly because of Whitney). But I'd rather hear "Smoking Room" become a standard...

• Members

laugh.png . Sorry for the hyperbole. My point, though, was that every one, regardless of gender, seems to use it as an anthem of sorts. To me, it's like hearing your 89-year-old grandma singing "Drop It Like It's Hot." It's like, "Nuh-uh, you are NOT every woman, you need to cut that [!@#$%^&*] out."

• Members

I'm not a fan of JCM in general. He scares me on too many levels.

If it makes me a self-hating gay for saying I hate, hate, HATE Diana Ross's "I'm Comin' Out" and Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive," then so be it. Those songs are DREADFUL and almost make me want to apologize to heterosexuals everywhere. Seriously, LGBT community, we can do so much better.

Archived