What stories didn't work(ratings wise/creative wise) in soaps?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was involved with Leo somehow. Blackmail, maybe? I can't remember. Erica was paying him to date her to make David jealous, which was just ridiculous on so many levels. He also tried to scam Erica with some bogus European real estate deal, but Erica saw through him. He drugged her the night he was murdered, and Erica and Leo both ended up as suspects. Vanessa killed him.

• Members

Was this during Richard Culliton, or Jean Passanante's brief solo run? Either way, it's not too surprising how unclear his story was considering the way so many stories were handled during that time (granted, handled much better under Culliton). For all the characters Paolo was involved with, and story connections, he barely made any real impression at all, and for that I wouldn't blame the actor.

Antmunoz--thanks for the actor name. Found one clip, oh it was when Passanante and Nixon were still co-writing it seems, though by the time Nixon's influence seemed to be waning--but oh how I did enjoy Greens/Leo back then:

• Members

I guess we can be glad the show never had Erica decide to become mayor. I can just imagine a story where she wants to clean up her public image and be adored by everyone again, so she decides to be mayor of PV. The show would probably have her run up against Krystal (whom they tried hard to make come across domesticated and sophisticated in latter years). Adam or David as Erica's campaign manager and Tad as Krystals. Surprise MMT didnt think of it

• Members

Please. Erica would consider Mayor beneath her. She'd want to run for Governor. David couldn't be a campaign manager. He'd need to take a less public role behind the scenes doing evil and nefarious things because that's just what David does.

Actually, the one character I'm surprised they never showed running for public office was Jackson Montgomery. He was DA a few times, and I could have seen him running for a judgeship or some other public office, but for whatever they never went there.

Archived