GH: Alternative

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

We heard so much about how Valentini was a genius and the budget king and he would make GH look awesome. It's interesting to me that we are hearing nothing from the soap press about how [!@#$%^&*] GH looks, when they were happy to go after Ellen Wheeler over and over. I guess they didn't want to have sex with Ellen Wheeler.

• Members

I'm one of the very very very few who appreciated I think what Wheeler tried to do. And let's be honest had GL suddenly taken an upturn in it's final year like the overrated OLTL did ( who's upturn was really not much) the move would have been praised. I think I appreciated that while the cuts on production were starling, the show managed in it's final year to retain some semblance of respectability when it came to the canvas and even story. It doesn't mean the show didn't overstay it's welcome.

I've seen comments from Branco and Giddens in recent weeks alluding to GH being unwatchable. I don't really believe that's more then at

this point than not seeing their own personal faves be front and center vs an honest assessment of the show.

• Members

I agree that GL didn't get enough credit for its last year. There was no SOAPY GOODNESS! talk. Wheeler and GL were easy targets. The soap press has invested years in hyping "Cartini" and telling us how they are ratings and budget kings, and all the rest.

I didn't even know they were calling GH unwatchable. I guess that must be because they aren't showing Tea enough, or because they haven't sold their entire family to get TSJ on the show.

• Members

I was kind of joking when I mentioned GL being better production wise and honestly I don't watch GH enough to give a fair assessment anymore. I tune in every once in a great while. But I did watch GL and I do think Wheeler was unfairly attacked by many and it became popular to hate in her just like it's become popular online to love the wonder twins. I just think she maintained as best as she could the things that were really important, the canvas and the stories

Archived