Which Soap (Past or Present) is "Your" Soap?

• Members

OLTL for sure! I was always able to connect with certain actors and characters on that soap. For some reason, I never made a connection with most of the other soaps. I used to watch Passions, but it was way too ridiculous to take seriously. I miss OLTL sooooooo much!!! I used to watch GH too, but I haven't liked it since 2005.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can we have more than one?

When I was a kid, it was Days and Santa Barbara. I was addicted.

But I also loved GH in the 90s about as much as I loved SB in the 80s.

I watched Sunset Beach from the day it started to its end. Gone too soon!

I've watched B&B since Day 1, too. I guess when all else fails, I always come back to that show.

• Members

For me, it's a toss-up between ALL MY CHILDREN and GUIDING LIGHT. AMC had characters who were drawn so vividly, but no one did families better than GL.

After that...? AS THE WORLD TURNS, followed by ONE LIFE TO LIVE, and then EDGE OF NIGHT.

• Members

Honestly, it changed through the years.

"My" first soap was AMC, which eventually got replaced by GH (though Y&R was a close second). GH held the title for a good while until the Guza/Frons/Phelps fuckery began.

I flitted from soap to soap for a while until I came back to GH for James Franco/JJ Lucky/Brenda. I couldn't take the fuckery anymore so I made like a banana and split after Brenda did and decided to commit to OLTL full time after finding out that my Todd was back in the flesh.

OLTL pretty much remained my soap until its end. Nowadays, I switch between B&B and GH, though I wouldn't call them "my" soaps.

• Members

Even though we have had periods of separation (like now) and occasionally cheated on them with other soaps, my soap has always been Y&R (and to a lesser extent B&B ) mainly because my grandma watched the Bells soaps, so those were the ones I grew up on.

• Members

AW for me. I was devastated when that show was cancelled. I was born in '73 and remember having always had it in my life as my mom would watch it as I was growing up and I got into it myself. It had never NOT been in my life and I felt a loss without Felicia, Cass, Vicky, Jake, Donna etc no longer around.

Never watched them on ATWT...to me that never happened.

OL is 2nd as I tuned in after AW because several former AW-ers were on and that then became my show until it's cancellation.

Nighttime was Melrose Place. I still constantly watch the DVDs of that show and I miss it so much! Laura Leighton will always be one of my favorite people ever!

• Members

That is absolutely my all-time favorite primetime sudser too :) I'm currently rewatching Season 1 and Season 7 (I know, polar opposite seasons, but I only have Netflix for a limited time and gotta squeeze in that last season before it's too late!)

Archived