DAYS: SOD reports huge exits to come

• Members

Not pleased with this news. I would much rather see the character of Daniel disappear. Although I haven't been pleased with the story, I am so glad to see characters from the early 90s reunited in Carrie/Sami/Lucas/Austin. I keep watching because some of my favorites were back (Marlena, Carrie, Lucas, etc.). One of my favorite things about Days is the family dynamics. I like seeing intact families, and having Sami, Marlena, Carrie, etc. all on screen could have been great with better writing. This is disappointing.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think those let go so far are good choices, save CC. Carrie really worked this time around and the show need a good girl in her age range.

I think that Shawn C, Galen G or Bryan D, Missy, Camilla, Casey, Ari, James R, Josh T all can go too.

I fear that Suzanne and John are going to be let go/written off, but hopefully not and the new team realizes how good Maggie can be to connect stories.

As for returns, I would do none. Clean up the cast, streamline the stories, then think about returns.

I like the NBC/Sony/Days is trying things. I think it is a sign for the better, not worse.

• Members

I would be happier if I felt like this was a real move to change the show in a positive way. These are very easy cuts. The real problem is the people who occupy stories even when they can no longer carry them and the characters are just dead.

Hopefully Tomlin will keep Maggie around. MarDar seemed to have little interest in her besides the hideous Eggbaby story (and while I know she and Molly Burnett suggested it, I'm not sure if that was what they had in mind).

• Members

As Ava she was obsessed with Steve. Then as Taylor she was obsessed with the cameo. I can't even imagine what they'd have her obsessed with this time.

Now I'm imagining that brawl in Carrie's hotel room with Tamara Braun in the role. This is too much. :)

• Members

Wasn't Tamara Braun the victim of two reboots? She was part of the cleaning house when Hogan/Ed Scott purge when she was Ava. Then, she was dumped again as Taylor in the Tomlin/Higley purge.

These reboots are such a joke at this point. This one was not positioned to succeed at all. Every week there was a new producer, and new writer, all to the detriment of the viewers.

Archived