GH: OLTL star given contract

• Members

Why did ABC cancel OLTL? Since RC/FV can't be bothered with, you know, GH's cast. Retitle this show OLTL: The Port Charles Years and stop fronting.

Never watched OLTL. If I had wanted to, I would have when it was on. These characters had their run, THEIR ending. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU HAVE.

I cannot wait for the cancellation notice. GH is dead.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since GH has been comatose for over a decade, Todd (and Blair) are the only reasons why I have been bothering to tune in.

When this show gets put out its misery, I'll still be thankful to Ron/Frank for giving us Todd/T&B fans our favorite character(s) one last time.

This is the least that ABC could do for us after they cancelled the superior OLTL in favor of wack-ass GH.

• Members

Meh, without Blair I really don';t think GH needs a character like Todd on their canvas, as much as I like having some OLTL stick around. We'll see, but I worry he';ll be eternally in Sonny's orbit.

Exageration much? I get this feeling to some extent, but come on--they've so far shown a lot of interest in bringing back various GH actors and writing for the characters--it's hardly become the OLTL hour.

• Members

I disagree. The mourning for Starr's boyfriend/husband and kid is getting more real focus than Robin's. Liz compared her to a goldfish. Robert has a replacement spawn. Anna is acting like she broke a nail. Mac is back at work. The only ones to really grieve are Maxie, Patrick, and Emma, with the last two NOT even on screen.

But we can see every beat of the grief for the OLTL people.

And the cast is already full of GH people barely used. There is no reason these characters are needed. As I said, they HAD their ending. But FV/RC don't seem to care.

• Members

Well this story did get a kinda crappy resolution on OLTL, but I admit I can agree with all that. And yet I do find--as awful as some of it has been, FV/RC's GH the past few weeks at least a somewhat enjoyable and easy watch, unlike the past few months I've tried to get back into GH. I admit though I WAS a OLTL fan (even if I had a LOT of issues with RC';s view of OLTL) so I have a different bias than you--I apologize if I sounded a bit too dismissive.

• Members

Ratings did go up (to a measly 1.8 or whatever LOL)--not sure if that was due to Robin, the OLTL hype, people knowing there was a regime scene, Anna, or what, but... I think it can't be denied that GH needed a change and Wolf wasn't it--and in this current market of re-using the same writers it did make some sort of sense to move the OLTL team over. While it's way too early to see how permanent the change will be (and also probably too late anyway), I do agree with that Huffington post that it's not too exciting or hearterning to see more Sonny/mob stuff is at the focus of this OLTL incorporation, but...

• Members

I guess I saw it as RC trying to follow "Marland's rules" and not trying to radically change things on day one. That's a good way to piss off the fans you have left. I agree with you that GH has immediately become easier to watch. I'm not saying it's perfect, but the episodes no longer feel like homework I'm dreading. That's how I felt all during GW's watch, until I finally gave up for the first time in 20 years. I've always found soaps to be a source of comfort and routine, so it takes a HELL of a lot to make me quit. I watched ATWT when it was literally known as the worst show on TV. This fall, GH was significantly worse, imo.

• Members

Nah, it is still Soap Hell. TK would just make it Soap Hell on Steriods. Seriously, what a nightmare. All those egos who play characters that always win going up against each other. GH is going to implode. Their poor supporting castmates. They will be lucky to get a line or two every other week, then again a bunch of them will have to go to afford ME and RH.

• Members

It's going to be one big wee-wee measuring pee-peeing match. Still, it's better to have a show overrun with egocentric men vying for alpha male than a show full of pointless half-naked ones who drive story solely for superficial reasons.

Wait! :lol:

Archived