GH: Felicia

• Members

Maybe, you're right, but I think it's too much of a coincidence that Kristina is coming back and then JW shows up on an ABC show, that they are known for using to cross promote.

On the other hand, not sure ABC would even bother to promote GH at this point. I guess we'll see if we get a Frisco announcement in the next month.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/gh-casting-news-wagner-confirmed

A GENERAL HOSPITAL spokesperson confirms Digest columnist Carolyn Hinsey's report that Kristina Wagner is indeed headed back to Port Charles. She is set to reprise her signature role of Felicia and will first air in late April. And, don't expect that to be the last of the returns....

• Members

Good. I hope RC is able to redeem her but man does he have his work cut out for him. If Maxie goes into a great depression, Id love it if Felicia was able to help her recover and heal herself. She should have already been seeking therapy bc of her abandonment issues and these two have ALOT to deal with

• Members

Wouldn't it be great if it was revealed that Frisco/Felicia found out that Georgie was alive but kept it secret until she was safe from the mob, or something along those lines--or even that Frisco knew something all along but said nothing because of some sort of danger she was under from the mob or the WSB.

It would certainly go a long way in explaining why Frisco wasn't at the funeral--he never saw Georgie grow up, but that was still his daughter.

OTOH, was JW/would JW be willing to work with KW again, or vice versa? It's sort of an awkward situation--a supercouple played by actors who were divorced in real life. As much as Guza/JFP turned KW away from the show, the lack of an F&F reunion has to be largely due to the Wagners' real life divorce.

• Members

I could go for that. It would be great if Faison faked her death, kidnapped her and used her to lure Felicia into a trap. Felicia left PC and got a tip about Georgie but instead of coming back to PC and getting Maxie's hopes up for nothing, she secretly started investigating and was led on a worldwide chase bc after Maxie wrote her off, she felt she had nothing left to lose but obsess over trying to prove Georgie was alive. Id write it so that they both have been Faison's prisoners for the last several years which would explain why Felicia never reached out to Maxie

• Members

I don't think what happened with Felicia after she left the canvas was OOC at all. She had fallen down the rabbit hole long before that, beginning with her adventures with Luke and their subsequent affair. For months she left Mac and the girls at home to gad about the globe with Luke, and she had far too little remorse. That and her attitude towards Laura at the time was what made me lose virtually all sympathy for Felicia. I was unsurprised when she completely dropped out of the girls' lives, then ran back off with Frisco.

I do think they should do right by her now, and can; the character can be redeemed. Why not?

• Members

I think it was out of character that she had been with Frisco for years and never with her grandmother. That would also mean the times she went on breaks during the years she was on the show were also all lies. She wasn't in a place then, with Frisco or with her kids, that she'd casually dump them in order to go risk her life. The whole reason Frisco and Felicia split up was because she would not allow her children to be uprooted and he wanted to live a life of danger.

• Members

Except I think she was at that point by the time she left the show.

She'd singlehandedly torpedoed her marriage by becoming "bored" with a stable life with Mac, running off with Luke, neglecting her children and eventually beginning a torrid affair with Luke. After things with Luke ended, she was never truly able to repair anything with Maxie or Georgie, and instead fell into a relationship with ex-con Roy DiLucca - Luke's BFF - just as Roy began a short-lived career as an underworld tycoon.

Having burned so many bridges, I can totally believe she ran off to an easy, freer life with Frisco. It's a sad story, but it didn't surprise me at all when the truth came out. I haven't been a Felicia fan in a looong time. But I would like to see her character repaired from what is well over a decade of terrible choices on her part.

If, OTOH, they'd claimed that Felicia had been going off with Frisco every time she left town to see Mariah prior to her final exit in 2002/2003 - then yes, I'd call that bullshit.

• Members

To me her life with Frisco never would have been easy, with their kids hanging over their heads. I hated what Felicia became, but she did love her daughters, and she was ashamed of what the affair did to them. She did try after the affair was revealed. Then the show just stopped caring. Only years later did they claim she was only interested in Frisco.

It always felt like Guza just wanted to spite her character (as he loathed all vets, at least those who weren't consorting with prostitutes and bemoaning the evils of fatherhood), so he rewrote the past. He also probably wanted to have an excuse to turn Georgie's funeral into shrieky melodrama, which KS Maxie certainly excelled at. Felicia became a punching bag. I'm not even sure where to go back from that, as so many people seem to hate Maxie without KS in the role, and between the rewrites, and Kristina Wagner's weird face damage in 2007 which made her attempts to act almost impossible, Felicia is going to be tough to get back. Hopefully they can try something. I just hate the mindset on this show that everyone is a deadbeat and everyone always dumps their kids, who then grow up to become sociopaths, like Lulu or Maxie.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived