GH: Michael/Starr

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Definitely agree, in Starr's case in particular--she would not have gotten pregnant that young. The only way I'd accept Hope's absence now, though. is if Todd, Blair, or Viki were taking care of her while Starr was studying pre-med or something (which, of course, is totally me practicing the art of wishful thinking).

• Members

It was always a bit icky to me to watch actual young children in these roles. I don't think I had much of a problem with Erin's Jessica getting pregnant with Megan at a similar time age but I just felt that KA and the girl who played Matthew's girlfriend were just way too young to be playing such roles. Not to mention the fact that the pregnancies were just so unneeded. The Cole entity was never viable to me and all that Romeo and Juliet nonsense just happened way too quickly and at a very young age. So many things were mismanaged during that period of OLTL.

• Members

I actually liked that they used real teens for those stories, I was fine with Starr having a child. I found it an interesting story and I was happy it happened with a core character. I just think they didn't do enough with Starr having a baby. I don't feel it held her back as much as it should have in the long term.

• Members

My biggest gripe about Starr having a baby was that Starr NEVER had Hope around. They should have made more of an effort to show how Hope's presence prevented Starr from having the life she continued to enjoy. They made minimal effort of showing this. There was also a perfect opportunity to have one stellar scene where Addie chewed Starr the [!@#$%^&*] out for thinking she could leave the baby with her whenever she wanted... as much as she enjoyed spending time with her great-granddaughter having lost too many years raising her own daughter, Starr need not think that this baby was going to get raised for her. To me, this kind of stuff should just automatically go hand-in-hand with a teen pregnancy storyline. I bet more than one young mother out there would have gone "Ouch! unsure.png " when they saw that.

Archived