One Life to Live

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Powell was an obvious choice for the serial killer story in 2009. I bought that he'd do it. The problem was that the storyline was executed terribly, especially the Rebecca angle. And most of all, the fact that no one could possibly sympathize with TSJ's "Todd" anymore. With RH's Todd in 1994, you knew he didn't do it, he was the underdog. With TSJ's Todd post-rapemance, who cares?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the story would have been obvious if random characters like Talia or Wes hadn't been killed, but I never knew how that connected to Todd. Instead we got, "Oh, I wanted to frame Todd," or, "I wanted to upset John to throw him off the scent."

• Members

Powell was positively moustache-twirling in '09. He was certainly "dark" at the denouement of the serial rapist s/l, but boy did he get the ridiculous Cartini treatment upon his return. I can agree that Powell had that slimey male Lord streak in him, but the show's determination to make Todd happen felt heavy handed to me (even though Irene's diary/Lord heir was one of my all-time favorite storylines). But yeah, Suede, Powell, Kevin, regardless of their weaknesses, I didn't care for the way Todd was consistently propped at the expense of other males.

• 1 month later...

Archived