Adam Lambert new Queen lead singer

quartermainefan

• Members

American Idol voters prove their ineptitude yet again

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/adam-lambert-queen-lead-singer-filling-shoes-idol-late-freddie-mercury-article-1.1016781#ixzz1lMZpoHD3

This seems like a good choice. It's tough to think of many singers Idols or not who have the vocal range of Lambert, and to step into Freddie Mercury's shoes is a daunting task.

Meanwhile, whatever happened to the guy who won, the guy before that and I can't even remember who won before that?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess we'll see how it turns out. It's the rest of the group's decision, after all. Maybe they didn't want any competition for the groupies! LOL He'll probably be ok, I think they probably didn't want someone who sounded JUST like Freddie, because it would then be a cheap imitation. So they got someone who was different enough to not be mistaken for Freddie, yet not SO different as to be a shock. It will be interesting to see how it pans out... a big group changin lead singers doesn't happen very often, but sometimes, like when Jean Terrell replaced Diana Ross in the Supremes, I liked them BETTER. So who knows

• Members

I think the idea is that maybe Lambert can revitalize their popularity. It's a big gamble.. because in today's world, an older musical act has a REALLY hard time in the fickle United States record industry. Cher did it, Labelle's reunion made a bit of impact, but nothing huge. It's hard to know.

• Members

His first cd didn't flop at all, neither did the singles. I don't understand why he's doing this before giving his second album a chance.This doesn't make any sense at all. If he wants to cover a couple Queen songs fine, but this is basically a tribute band. He's a vocalist and doesn't really need a band. It also cuts the profits from him by doing it this way.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

As far as I'm concerned, the only person to attempt to fill Freddie Mercury's platform boots, and not fail miserably while doing so, was Paul Rodgers (who was himself a big name at the same time when Queen was hitting their stride, what with being in Free and being a founding member of Bad Company)

• Members

Perhaps it's because this guy was hyped up as the second coming of Freddie Mercury from the jump, but I've never been able to embrace him like everyone else has. Unfair? I suppose, but I hate having people shoved down my throat as the next, best thing EVER (especially when they're being marketed as the 'second coming' of the irreplaceable).

Archived