DAYS: Hope/John spoiler

• Members

The John/Hope was toyed around with during the last days of Reilly 1.0 when we had endure John and Hope traversing that plastic jungle there in the fall of '97 looking for the cure for Roman's illness. Some say Reilly was trying to sabotage the show due to problems with NBC etc, but of course later on we all know Langan when full force and wrote for that couple and he wasn't trying to sabotage the show.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Chad being their kid is a lot more plausible than EJ although I don't see a need for either. I just can't fathom Hope giving birth to EJafter Shawn yet EJ is older or would they SORAS Shawn to make him consistent with this mess? Cameron Mathison in as nuShawn Brady

• Members

Um...chill out. It's my opinion. I meant good use of history as in revisiting Hope and John's past together, which is something that never really reached it's potential. I'm not saying that they should try to push them together romantically, but they obviously had a connection with one another when they were in identity limbo. I still say that Greta is the daughter they shared together, though it was never revealed.

Compared to some of the other travesties masked as rewrites that have occured in daytime, this doesn'teven compare in terms of ridiculousness.

• Members

I would agree with Shawn on one thing... let's chill. This isn't a site where you get crucified if you have an unpopular opinion. wink.png

That said... I'm usually one that welcomes references to the history of shows, but this just seems contrived. An excuse to cause Bo/Hope and John/Marlena some conflict. I'd have preferred they continue the embezzlement story, and that's saying something.

And another thing... the balance seems like it's going to be thrown off again. Days can't succeed unless it focuses on more characters than just a handful.

• Members

Wasnt it already established that EJ was the son of Susan Banks, the baby Kristen adopted and tried to pass off as her's and John's??? If they all of a sudden made him the son of Hope and John that would be a major rewrite and one I def wouldnt like. I'd rather see it be Chad or perhaps another character on the show or one about to come on the show.

• Members

Cheap no it doesn't I was just asking a question, because their was a portion of time that I didnt watch Days and tuned back into AMC?? I only started watching Days again upon AMC's cancellation. Therefore, I was trying to fill in some of the missing pieces. Lately, when I post a question you come back with what is apparently a condesending, smart remark...which is not appreciated or necessary, since I was asking some questions, making statements or thoughts about certain shows/topics. I pride myself in getting along with everyone at this board and the few other message boards I visit,but I will not tolerate or put up with any blatant disrespect online, especially when I was asking a generic question. I do NOT even put up with the disrespect at work from my employees and colleagues. If I am disrespectful to someone, then by all means I would expect them to be disrespectful back and I would expect to get called out on it.

I have been a soap fan for various years since I was about 2 years old and I will be 37 in June. Much of this was thanks in part to my late paternal grandmother. I do not admit or claim to admit that I know everything about every show, past or present. Therefore, I ask questions when I can't remember a certain aspect, character, time of events, etc. I am an educated, professional female (with a masters degree), mother, daughter and soap fan. I would appreciate if you didn't speak down to me from here on out on this board. Thank you.

Archived