ALL: Soap Stars - Where are they now?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL who knew when you first posted that that this would end up generating a thread of its own?
https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/62384-eric-braeden-drags-eva-longoria-for-her-comments-about-working-in-daytime/

The transcript of her interview (the full interview) is now available, I'll post the link on that thread.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Sunday March 26, 2023,
Lifetime Movie Network will air five of Lauralee Bell's Lifetime movies.
She will also host (take over) the LMN instagram for the day.
(This is timed to coincide with YR 50th, but not related to YR).
https://www.soapsindepth.com/posts/the-young-the-restless/lauralee-bell-takes-over-lifetime-movie-network-on-yrs-anniversary

• Members

This is wild. For AMC, to put it in context, Kelly would have had TWO contract renewals before Mark made the scene. That means even with two raises, she was making less than him? It’s not like Mark was a known talent. Was she that underpaid, or was Mark a better negotiator?

Her treatment at Regis was egregious. I get why she was afraid to rock the boat when Regis was there, and even more so when he left because she was not the established a-name. 

Kelly worked hard and navigated so many HR nightmares. She deserves her success. 

• Members

I would argue that Kelly was more than established as a household name by the time Regis left. Do I think they could've fired her anyway? Yes. But it's egregious any way you look at it. She'd been with the network since 1990, she'd done years of Live as well as Hope and Faith, and they were still treating her like that.

• Members

Kelly Ripa probably got screwed with salary at AMC as she started with a low starting rate, and then they said she could only get a certain percentage more per contract renewal, which happened to more then one ABC actor back in those days. Mark starting 5 years later and his first salary being more is crazy, though i wonder if the base scale rate changed within that time frame causing even more inequality beyond the sexism.