questions for SUSAN BEDSOW HORGAN? (former HW of ATWT, former EP of OLTL)

• Members

Hey all, I host a radio show on BlogTalkRadio called "Brandon's Buzz" and back in May, I had a conversation on my show with One Life to Live's former executive producer Susan Bedsow Horgan. I promoted it over here, and was surprised to be bombarded with questions about her tenure on As the World Turns as a producer and head writer. I'd never been a regular World Turns watcher, so I had no idea at the time that Ms. Horgan was actually the head writer of the show for a time in the mid-'80s. She mentioned during our first chat that she was responsible for bringing Bob and Kim back together during her tenure, and since the Bob/Kim wedding is part of the new ATWT DVD box set of episodes, I am bringing back Ms. Horgan to Brandon's Buzz soon for a more in-depth chat about her World Turns days. She has given me some talking points, but since I was never a regular WT fan, I wanted to cast a net to you guys and see if I could get a sense of what any of you are interested in learning from her, either about her days as a producer and writer on ATWT or about her stunning tenure on One Life throughout the early and mid-'90s. Fire away, guys, we'd both love to hear what you all are thinking!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Perhaps you could ask her about her transition from writer under Linda Gottlieb to replacing her as EP (i.e., to what degree was she carrying out Gottlieb's vision for the show and the current storylines and in what ways did she take the show in her own direction).

What was her relationship like with Michael Malone, and how was it working "under" him as a breakdown writer, and then "over" him as EP? Given their prior working relationship as writers, was this an easy transition, was there a shared vision?

What are some of her personal and professional memories of Rauch and Gottlieb, and how would she compare/contrast her time working with them?

Any cast memories would of course be great, particularly with Erika and Robin during the DID s/l.

• Members

You should ask in the ATWT thread in the Cancelled Soaps forum. It gets lots of action. I have 20 episodes that cover most of Bob and Kim's wedding, the preparations, honeymoon, etc. The show was EXCELLENT when Douglas Marland took over. I always assumed he was saving ATWT, but he inherited a good show. She was HW when Julianne Moore was brought on, she is the one who brought Nancy back after she'd been fired in 1981 and that wedding was just classic. The episodes in general had a lot of style and were very fun. It looked like she had it in a bit of a transition period as well with the McColl's on their way out.

You definitely need to ask her about Bob and Kim's wedding, what made her decide to put them together, etc. Also, did she create Lucinda Walsh, Sierra and Lily? I believe she did. Where would she have gone with that story? Who were her favorites to write for?

Archived