OLTL tribute on the View

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved the tribute. I don't know why Barbara Walters couldn't be there. I'm sure it's no secret that this show was actually taped last night. they always do two shows on thursday so they have a three day weekend. They just pretended it was friday because they knew it would air today. I know today she was on the Today show to celebrate the anniversary (a great episode BTW.)

Anyway i really loved it. My favorite part was Hillary taking out the chicken. the look on her face was priceless. then Whoopie holding the chicken for the rest of the episode was fun. I actually liked that they mentioned Who's The Boss. I'm suprised they didn't slip in that Judith's husband played one of the Gary's on Cheers. it was nice that She and Erika really had a meaningful moment right at the end of her segment. it looked like there were tears in her eyes. I did love seeing James Depavia. He looks good. I love the goatee. It made him look even more attractive. and did people catch that when one of the hosts said today would be the final, Robin put her head on Jerry's shoulder. very sad.

Boy Erika got a lot of use out of that two peice red outfit. She was on The View, she's been in interviews with that outfit on, she was in Soap Opera Indepth with that outfit on. She does look good in red.

• Members

Baba made a fool of herself with her Frons ass-kissing last year and since then she has been noticeably absent from these goodbyes.

Loved the tribute, overall - moved very fast, full of many old favorites, great selection of clips. Even if I didn't buy that most of the people there watched the show (actually I don't think any of them did), it felt like a celebration of the show. I thought Erika was a great co-host, and she got some moments they wouldn't have had otherwise, like asking Judith Light about her meeting her husband on OLTL.

I thought it was annoying that Sherri wore the same color as Erika and Robin. I know it's very unfair of me but I do think she wore that to try to upstage everyone.

Judith was a wonderful interview and I loved her presence.

I also liked the short clips with Nathan Fillion and Laurence FIshburne, even if Laurence was apparently filmed in a bathroom.

I didn't have a problem with the Who's the Boss mention, as it was a minute or two at most. I'm only sorry Andrea Evans was just about edited out entirely. I would have had more of her and a little less of Bitsy talking about how lonely JDP was during his marriage.

• Members

Wasn't Barbara Walters on The View talking Frons was crying when he had to make the decision to cancel AMC/OLTL? Bitch bye.

You could tell none of them watch. That's why Whoopi stayed silent the whole time and Sherri watching since she was 4? Ok.

• Members

Yes, that was Baba's embarrassing shilling. And for nothing - he still got canned.

I don't mind Whoopi because she doesn't pretend, but Bitsy and Sherri, ugh. And Joy's always leaden one-liners, dropped in with the subtlety of her hair color.

• Members

I'm very glad that Barbara was not there. I guarantee you she would have pissed us off in one way or another. For someone of her achievements, I think she is a company line toeing kiss ass who can be remarkably tactless.

• Members

Yes, he was on for several years in the late 70's - his mother was on the show for a while, and there was a long triangle where bad girl Edwina brought in Becky Lee's evil hillbilly ex to get Becky Lee away from Richard.

Here's the actor, disco dancing with Dorian.

• Members

Luke Reilly originated the role in 1977 and was written out after a year. The character returned in late1979 recast with Keith Ragsdale (this is when Woods had tested for the role but instead was given Bo). Ragsdale lasted only a few months and was replaced by Robert Gribbon, who stayed for a year, and the role was written out in 1981. When Richard reappeared in 1985, Jeffery Byron (son of Anna Lee of GH) was playing him. Richard was involved in a triangle with Tina and newcomer Cord, with Tina accepting well-off Richard's proposal of marriage until she discovered Cord was Clint's son (Buchanan $$$ trumped Richard's modest wealth), and when Tina dumped him, Richard left Llanview never to be heard from again.

Archived