Politichicks a Conservative alternative to The View, etc starring SNL's Victoria Jackson

EricMontreal22

• Members

Qfan, I've seen plenty of unfavorable coverage of Bush, Palin, Bachmann, Perry, and Cain from the mainstream media. I also seem to recall that the mainstream media touted Obama--who had a paper-thin resume--as the individual who would make such an extraordinary president. (Was this more evidence of conservative bias?)

Perhaps we'll have to agree to disagree, but I feel that it is advisable that in order to have every viewpoint treated equally, then an equal number of people should represent each view. Of course, ABC would be crazy to cancel The View (and replace it with this program), given that it is such a cash cow for them. I was just suggesting that if pimping up the conservative viewpoint was that network's biggest priority, then one might think ABC would be inclined to make such a blunder.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Who are the liberals on The View? Baba is not a liberal. Neither is Elisabeth. Sherri is very socially conservative and she doesn't even believe the Earth is round. That leaves loudmouth Joy Behar, and Whoopi, whose liberalism stops when it's time to defend her celebrity friends.

• Members

Then the Fairness Doctrine, which the ultra-conservatives on tv and radio have been fighting for years, should be re-introduced. Because i truly can't see these four hateful, bigoted women getting airtime on ABC with what has come out of their mouths on this little web show of theirs.

• Members

The problem is a lot of what's called conservative media does focus on an extremism, IMHO. It's one thing to argue about Obama and if he's been a good president, it's another to focus on whether he's American (which I don't think should even play a part, but when that's your main argument, it looks dumb). I think a lot of liberal people (which I definitely classify myself as) hear people say things like "I love gays, but marriage has to be about a man and a woman", which frankly doesn't sound so far from the whole "Some of my best friends are gay... but".

• Members

Every time you hear a reporter on CNN or the networks say Newt is a brilliant man and a great thinker, you are seeing conservative bias at work. Where is his brilliance and at what? What was his great policy that bettered our lives? Beside everyone selling this the way they all sold other lies like McCain is a maverick or Lieberman is something other than a right wing war monger, where did these people get the idea Newt was an idea man other than parroting republican talking points?

And every viewpoint does not deserve equal treatment. If you go on CNN and say the sky is blue, that is no reason for CNN to bring me on to say the sky is green. Also because I say the sky is green, CNN fails at journalism when it interviews you and says something like "others have said the sky is green and you are anti religion for saying otherwise. What do you say?" And then when you rightly restate your belief he sky is blue, the anchor says something dubious like "this debate will continue, thank you for your time". There is no debate, the sky is blue.

And that's where we see the conservative media at work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1e1wgb5k8

Freaking China is airing that episode, but the mainstream media won't air it here.

• Members

I think that makes some sense--but don't you think right now a lot of the ultra onservative media *is* mainstream? Again this is totally from my POV but I can think of so many more examples of the right wing media stating things that have no real proof... It is a shame that people, like this woman, or Coulter to use a more mainstream example, say falcities (in Canada we've had a field day with Coulter saying how Canada used to support the Americans like when we fought in Vietnam only to not believe that Canada DIDN'T fight in Vietnam, something that's been proven to her but she now refuses to discuss) and are the ones who get all the attention, because I do think a proper debate is healthy.

The New Yorker, a liberal magazine, has had a TON of negative thins to say about Abama. ANd honestly I think they're right--that doesn't mean I think George W was preferable.

Well said!

• Members

Democrats love to trash Lieberman, even though they seem to forget that he was the reason Gore "won" FL back in 2000. (You honestly don't believe that the huge Jewish turnout was due to enthusiasm for Gore alone, do you?) Also I've never understood the argument that Lieberman was a traitor for endorsing McCain but Powell was a "brave American" to buck his party and endorse Obama?

Carl, if you click on this link, you'll be able to see how Walters treated McCain vs. how she treated Obama back in 2008.

http://www.celebolit...in-on-the-view/

The fact that she was so much tougher on McCain than Obama shows little doubt to an objective person that Walters has a liberal bias.

Elizabeth--the one who is conservative 100% of the time--is the weakest of the bunch and is almost always shoved around by the other ladies.

• Members

They are part and parcel of what the ultra right wing of the party is n ow. Sadly this wing has taken over the RP and is destroying it as we speak. Hopefully, there are millions of Americans out there that reject this line of thinking.

Archived