GH: SOAPnet's Lucky Friday Marathon

• Members

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/soapnets-lucky-friday-marathon

Unwind from all your Black Friday shopping with "Lucky Friday," a five-hour General Hospital marathon all about Lucky Spencer! The "Lucky Friday" Marathon airs Friday, November 25, from 7PM-12AM!

7PM – When there’s an explosion at the Triple L Diner, Luke and Laura realize they’ve been discovered and activate their emergency plan. This sends young Lucky out of town on his own. (original air date 11/1/93)

8PM – Lucky is furious at Laura when she admits that the stranger who saved Lulu’s life is actually his brother, Nikolas. (original air date 7/17/96)

9PM – Luke holds Lucky hostage in a cabin while trying to work out their differences. (original air date 11/11/98)

10PM – Laura tells Lucky how proud she is of him; later, Lucky, Elizabeth, Emily and Nikolas share a special dinner at Kelly’s. (original air date 4/15/99)

11PM – Lucky has to break the news to Elizabeth that Jake is dead. (original air date 3/21/11)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

5 hours of JJ squeaking, weeping, and screaming.

Why are they having anything of the woman he only cared about when she was bleeding in the snow after a rape, or of the mother who was mentally ill and worthless and a huge burden and everything she ever said to Lucky was a lie?

Running this stuff just makes GH look even more worthless.

• Members

Blech. MOst worthless character on the show now. They could have shown a day of great GH weddings including Luke and Lauras, Frisco Felicia I'd even watch :Luke and Laura's 25th anniversary wedding over this drivel. But it will remind people JJ is a one trick poney who screams and cries.

• Members

You guys are just looking for faults here I think. Of course they are going to include Liz and Laura! And I think I would rather see some of the Jacob Young run than the Greg Vaughan run, at least teh JY run was years ago. As it is, they included 4 episodes from Lucky's glory days, and I guess they threw a bone to the idea that JJ is not only worth something as a kid.

I would have included an episode from when Lucky was Helena's prisoner, or maybe even the fire episode. You can have a Lucky marathon without Lucky too. The episode where Laura tells Luke she is pregnant, the episode when Liz and Bobbie come to the fire..those are two pivotal moments about Lucky also.

• Members

why this negativity? we always wanted real classics and now they do a marathon with mostly episodes from the 90s, 20 years old, and no one is happy about it, huh?

even if those episodes are Lucky centric they are from periods when there actually was balanced, hence lots of other beloved character will be on...

• Members

The only one in there I'd call a classic is the 1993. Guza sucked in 1996, 1998, and 1999; he's always sucked.

Beyond that, the show has spent a decade or more spitting in the face of all of this and telling viewers that anything they ever liked about Lucky's relationships with Laura or Liz were lies and based on delusion, mental illness, and neediness.

• Members

I know many don't agree, but Claire Labine's "boring" version of Luke, Laura, Lucky domesticated was some of my favorite material for them. I guess it could be considered "humdrum" but it was the time I really loved Luke and Lucky and it will remind those who actually watched them as a family how much Luke really loved them and being a father to Lucky and how much heart the character of Luke Spencer once had.

• Members

Buy what does it matter what the show spent ten years saying if the episode being shown is 11 years old? That's like refusing to watch All In The Family reruns because you hated Archie Bunker's Place. It just is a great opportunity to watch some old episodes and maybe you will see Amber Tamblyn, Lynn Herring, or the old favorite of your choice. This could be a chance for a rare Miguel Morez sighting or perhaps we will see Amy or Amanda Barrington, whoever floats your boat.

• Members

As someone who hasn't watched GH in years, I may actually watch this. I personally would love to see some classic 80s GH episodes (Qs, Rick & Lesley, Robert & Holly, Frisco & Felicia, Duke & Anna), but I know the current regime thinks GH started when Sonny came to town so this is about as classic as it's going to get. (Minus airing Luke & Laura's wedding). I think I'm going to tune in!

Archived