How about Wendy Riche as EP of Y&R?

• Members

IMO Y&R is a total mess and it has to with just not bad writing but MAB has no clue on how to be an executive producer. She is in over her head. Show is a production nightmare and needs to be brought back. I was thinking who would be excellent as executive producer of Y&R and one name came to mind Wendy Riche. I know Wendy has been out of the biz for many years but her years on GH were glory and golden. She produced many many emmys for that show and she is a tough female executive producer visionary. Heck she battled Guza and didn't take his BS. What Y&R needs is a visionary veteran executive producer who has produced major results in the past. Wendy IMO fits it like a glove. She would be fabulous at Y&R. Does anyone agree?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i've always wondered why scott wont go back to y&r since he is still in the bell fold! what about shaugnessay? but, i've always wondered how brad bell would be as y&r exec. producer? move him there place kay alden back as head writer and promote ron freidman to exec. producer of b&b and jack smith as new headwriter to breath new life into that show since both have been there from the beginning. what do ya'll think?

im new to this board so be nice lol

• Administrator

Just bring back the old Y&R crew who worked there for 3 decades - Ed Scott, David Shaughnessy, Kay Alden, and Jack Smith and have them work under MAB (assuming we have to keep her). Enough of these outsiders. Y&R was never an outsider show. It was always home grown.

• Members

I've been saying it for a while...but they really should pull a "Dallas" and have Nikki or Jill or Katherine or Victor wake up from a coma and have the last 7 years or so just be a horrible nightmare. I'd take the show all the way back to before Kay was "revealed" to be Jill's mother. I believe fans would go with it.

Crew wise, it's got to be Shaughnessy, Scott and Alden. Smith can stay at B&B.

• Members

Wendy Riche definitely over MAB. Riche did some great stuff during her tenure at GH and produced a hit on MTV, Laguna Beach.

MAB is so clueless, shipped that hack back to B&B where she belongs. This bitch only love the limelight and care less about the writing of the show or its quality. Y&R is an absolute mess and even more tacky than B&B.

• Members

So glad to hear the choir getting louder over the much needed and long overdue changes for Y&R> And you are all right. Y&R has been ruined. As a writer, I look at the show and considered doing a fan fic several times with people on this board. (ahem) and I always say damn, where do I start? What do I do? MAB is so much worse than LML could ever be. I've been saying for a while now, I have a feeling Sony/Bell will wake up and make changes. I am all for Riche coming as EP. I think CLaire Labine would make a great head writer. I'm also open to Ed Scott as EP as he is excellent. I would also accept any HW that knows Y&R's past. What they should do is bring in Kay Alden and or Jack SMith for a year or two just to repair the show as that's how long it would take. Then after that, bring a co HW to freshen up things but keep Jack there to keep it "Y&R"

Something drastic has to be done. Y&R is at it's lowest point in it's history. This was the first time in quite a while where Y&R lost viewers and B&B actually gained. Usually what ever Y&R does, B&B does too.

On to ABC. I am a firm believer that THE SPEW, has seriously hurt OLTL. Look at how much OLTL lost from a week to wek. Biggest lost in a while right?

Glad to see DAYS beat GH and OLTL though they still lost viewers. I for one loves DAYS at the moment.

I've been seeing lots of new members here. Welcome and enjoy posting here. This is a great and extremely diverse bunch. Also we have the most educated people on this board too. Bar none!! You're really in a treat.

SOme one else said this the same thing and I think they should. I'd even consider it. At this point, that's all you can really do.

Just WoW!

Archived