How about Wendy Riche as EP of Y&R?

• Members

Do you really think Bell would still let MAB stay? Or Sony for that matter. Y&R has been losing numbers all year? Like a million. SO what if she's his wife. Though it is a very tricky situation. Business is business. I would be stunned with any type of regime change came with MAB staying on.

MAB should be smart and think maybe make changes on her writing team. Promote her Breakdown writers as each one of them are great headwriters to soften the show up and fire Scott and Hogan. Why isn't her husband trying to make something like this happen? if he knows the writing is on the wall then act. Isn't that why they brought in LML due to sagging ratings. Hello? Ratings are eroding much faster this time and cutting gin deep. I hope and pray they are behind the scenes preparing for change. The show has been hitting lows now for the last several weeks.

Ha you know what, having said that, I bet there are changes in the works. When DAys fell in the ratings, KC made changes I am sure with the insistence of Sony, SO Sony I bet is doing the same for Y&R. I bet it's happening.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point, the damage is done and there is no going back. I think what they need to do is kill off a lot of these characters who are not working, kill like 8-12 people at once(amazing but I was going over the cast list and they really do have THAT MUCH dead weight), and start over with a new group but write it and produce it as "The Young and the Restless," not the generic style they've been producing the past 5 years.

Too much damage has been done and I don't the audience would accept a reset. It's impossible.

• Members

maybe we should go back real old school and get john conboy back. he's still around and helped launch y&r! he did miracles at gl production wise and he's a producer who doesn't interfer with his HW's writing(clearly noticable from gl) so, lets get alden back and let her work her magic!

she's a millie taggart/ carolyn culliton type writer and they're first few months with conboy were AMAZING!

Archived