GH: Actress out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw potential in Johnny and Kristina and thought they would have made for an interesting pairing last year when she started hanging out with him. LA looking so young is what ruined it though bc Johnny would look like a molester if he was with her. Theres' potential there though bc of the characters involved

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>This is part of a larger problem. We have young adults playing teenagers and we wonder why children feel they need to look more &quot;mature&quot; and sexed up to be acceptable. Our society seems to have lost the knowledge of the simple concept of Age Appropriateness. Kristina looks like an 18 year old because she IS an 18 year old. Lulu, Maxie, etc. were played by 22/23 year olds dressed to be 18 years old. It's no wonder we don't know what to look for.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>As for the Ethina pairing, I think it wouldn't have mattered half a wit to folks if Ethan had been introduced as Lulu's YOUNGER brother, because LA and NP are just a couple of years apart in age. It's GH's own system that created the 10 year gap, then tried to close it through SORASing.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

I think Kristina looked perfectly fine as an 18 year old (have you ever seen the kids on Degrassi? All the right ages, all look as young as they are), the problem is in pairing her with older men. What happened to love stories between TEENAGERS? First Michael and the 30 year old prostitute and now Kristina and the 30 year old son of a loser. Soaps don't even tell teen stories anymore (outside of OLTL and that's hit or miss at best).

• Members

That's just the way Hollywood has had it forever and as a culture we are all trained to expect that screen teens will look older and we make the adjustment so that we accept them as being teens. Consequently, the actual teens look 12 in comparison. The problem wasn't Ethan being Lulu's older brother because Ethan is not the problem. He could be Lulu's kid brother but Nathan Parsons still looks the way he looks. The ages of the fictional characters is not the issue.

I imagine the reason for this is most kids aren't as fully trained actors as someone 20 and up and you will have better luck putting a kid wardrobe on a 22 year old than you will in asking a 16 year old to draw on all their training and life experiences to give you the performance you are looking for.

• Members

^^ in some instances, you're absolutely correct. In others, I think kids/teens with amazing talents do exist. The trouble is finding what truly works. No one expected the chemistry between Ethan and Kristina, but there is was in spades. In r/l pictures of the two actors, they look perfectly well suited and natural as cohorts. It's just something in the mental or physical process of making them "Ethan" and "Kristina" that influences the dynamic.

This is truly a disappointment for we fans of this couple, but on the upside for Lexi her baby-face might extend her career on the back end after many of her fellow actors have been decidedly aged out of the process for looking "too old".

• Members

Terrible news! I've always loved Lexi as Kristina - she's a strong actress - espcially when they've put her in a major role opposite M. Benard, NLG, NP, etc. Very disappointed to hear this news. If they recast her, I think Brittany Underwood would be the perfect choice.

Archived