GH: Actress out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never warmed up to the character or actress but they never really gave her any other teens to interact with outside of that teen abuse story. I think they should kill off Kristina. Let the mob for once pay for their actions and get one of their characters killed off. I'd rather it be Michael but with the rampant sexism at GH that would never happen.

• Members

Plus it would be another version of the exact same story they've told with Sonny at least 5 times now. "Oh the mob is so horrible, it ruins the lives of my family and friends, I'm done with the mob, everyone is yelling at me looking for their Emmy, I'm so sad now." Boo hoo hoo.

• Members

Ugh… you've got that right. Everything that has happened to Kristina has really been about Sonny. She had one of the most incredible stories to come along in quite awhile dealing with teen relationship abuse, but she was the supporting character in her own drama as we heard about Deke for the trillianth time.

Kristina never really got a chance to be all she could be, and a pairing with Ethan could have been so rich if they had paid attention to the character's history and the history of the parents involved (yes, including Ned). Ethina could also have been about Alexis, Luke, Tracy, Edward and sickeningly enough, Sonny. It could have harkened back to the days of young couples fighting to exist against all obstacles. When Ethan picked Kristina up and said "it's okay Baby", a fabulous potential pairing was created.

But alas…. shortsightedness prevailed.

• Members

What diff does it make what they do. We never see Alexis. Rumors are that she's being recast so that they can pair her with Johnny for guess what a story for Sonny. Pairing her with Ethan doesn't create enough of a story for Sonny so of course it won't happen.

• Members

I still believe this can be too young. I am sure there are exceptions, but just as an example I believe Michael J Fox was in his early 20s when he took on the role of HS student Alex Keaton. Justine Bateman may have been closer in age to her character though. Darren Criss is something like 25 playing a 17 year old HS student on Glee and he isn't even the oldest one on the cast. Tobey Maguire was in his mid 20s playing HS student Spiderman. Natalie Wood was the same playing teenage Maria in West Side Story. The girl who played Liesll in Sound Of Music, the teenage girl whose first love was the nazi, she was in her mid 20s (Charmian Carr).

• Members

I think Haley Pullos looks older or at least the same age as Lexi Ainsworth now.

I'm of two minds on this matter. I liked Lexi and I think she's a good actress and I thought she had great chem with the cast at the same time I understand why GH would wanna recast if they are going for a pairing with Ethan or Johnny. I know Ethina is immensely popular but they skeeved me out. Not so much because Lexi looks too young but more because Nathan Parsons looks so damn old. I'd rather they recast him than Lexi if they were gonna go for Ethina, at least Lexi can act. I find Ethan utterly useless especially now with Kristina being recast. GH would be idiots if they aren't going for the Johnny pairing which has the most drama attached to it.

I hope they get a good actress. Chad Duell turned out to be an epic fail and I don't want a repeat of that.

I assumed Lexi would be recast eventually because of her youthful looks but I don't think it was necessary just yet.

• Members

I wouldn't be/wasn't against a Johnny/Kristina pairing! I actually really thought they had potential last year & was sad they were dropped. It's to bad GH thinks they have to recast just to do it (if that's the case). Lexi & Brandon were great! Kristina/Johnny ofcourse would have a lot of drama because of Sonny & I would not mind that. And it also would mean more screen time for Johnny which I don't mind one bit ;-) Best damn character on the show IMO!!

Archived