The first death you saw on a soap

• Members

The first one I remember that left an impression was Renee DiMera (well actually Marshall at the time) in '83! I was 10 and remember being p*ssed! I LOVED Renee. Hated Anna!

But I have a memory of someone on AW blowing up in a parking lot, either in/or next to a car and the bomb was meant for someone else. Was this John Randolph on the first 90 minute ep? I remember people watching from a steel stairway (almost fire escape style) and seeing the explosion. I was young and remember my mom being so upset. lol

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The was the most memorable for me because the NBC affiliate pre-empted the reveal episode (!), which was on Labor Day for Jerry Lewis Telethon! On Tuesday, I called my Mom and she was so upset because she (we) loved Renee. It was a great storyline that really revived DAYS, but it was unfortunate to lose that character. A close second, was Nora Fulton on EON - Catherine Bruno had done such a great job of turning what was a short-term part, into one that just wreak havoc in Monticello. That single episode was so brilliantly done and the conclusion with Nora's shocking demise was so well done.

• Members

My earliest memories include some of the worst deaths and most distasteful ones in the soap genre.

The deaths of Det. Cutter and Nadine Cooper on GL, and then Frankie Frame on AW. I'm too lazy to look up the exact dates, but those deaths occurred within a short time frame of each other I think.

I wish I could remember Maureen's death on GL, but my earliest memory of GL is of the blackout and nothing much until 94.

Archived