OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 3

• Members

The Good:

Tina/Cord

Viki/Tina

Cord/Clint

Todd/Blair (really the first time I've liked either of them in a while...)

The new Banner set

The Okay:

DV and Liam (a little cheesy but I liked it... that dog is SO cute!)

Jess/Ford (I'm glad she actually is thinking about someone else's feelings!)

Starr/Jack (he just makes me so angry, but I liked that Starr finally figured it out... I like her best when she's being "fiesty" about something)

I actually didn't dislike anything about Friday's show... but James is irrelevant and needs to go, same with Ford - they both just need to fade away. What happened to Matthew, Destiny, Bo, Nora? Where Kim, Cutter, Aubrey, Rama?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I LOVED the David Vickers/Baby Liam scenes - both are so cute. Those scenes reminded me of Passions/Sunset Beach humour that I love and miss. OLTL is the only soap left that could still do that kind of humour and get away with it. Kudos to OLTL!

I also loved the T&B flashbacks - my favorite one was Blair blasting Todd for giving away Jack. Kassie was really good in that scene.

The Cord/Tina flashbacks was a treat too.

I thought OLTL was pretty enjoyable this week - no Cutter/Aubrey or Rex/Gigi storylines.

• Members

I've been watching again lately and agree that the balance seems really off. You go what feels like weeks without seeing certain people or storylines after you spend weeks building it up. Weird. Bo and Nora have basically become dayplayers. Their son's stuck in a coma that he'll probably never come out of. No wonder it's rumored neither actor wants to join PP. Though I don't really buy it. HBS does websoaps.

• Members

The balance has been off for a long time.

I don't think Cutter/Kim/Aubrey/etc. even have a story. It's just bits made up as the show goes along. That's probably one reason why they vanish. It doesn't help that Aubrey, Kim, and Rama are the same character.

• Members

I think the balance is pretty good. The pacing is awkward but I attribute that to the show transitioning online. Stories that should have ended more quickly are being stretched to coincide with the ending and some that should have developed more are being rushed. And some that seem to be dropped, I suspect will be elevated just prior to the transition online.

• Members

I do think some of it was dragged out due to cancelation - the Ford/Brody/Jessica/Natalie/John story, at least. The story with Cutter and Aubrey may have been derailed due to the axe, although I have a lot of doubts as to whether or not they ever had any story planned for them, beyond throwing Cutter at every woman and trying to tell us that Joey and Clint were losers compared to the awesomeness of Cutter and Aubrey. The story with Rex and Gigi may have changed, but that was going to suck no matter what, because of the actors.

But some of this went on for a long time before the cancellation - I end up going back to that David as Asa's son story, which was just stretched out to nothingness, then ended in a big anticlimax, since the show decided to essentially tell viewers that the 2 years they'd just seen were pointless.

Archived