OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 3

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You missed Blair repeatedly lamenting to Elijah that Téa had no one so she, the gracious wonderful woman that she is, had to step in and help the poor thing. I got tired of hearing Blair call her the poor thing over and over.

It really was drummed into viewers that Téa had NO ONE but Blair. It was a total rewrite and one reason many Téa fans hated that contrived friendship.

• Members

That's what Blair says, at a time when Blair was written as being a fool being played by Eli. I don't think the show has any interest in her point of view. I was mostly wondering if Tea herself has said she had no friends and only had Blair.

• Members

in 1997 their issues were a professional rivalry, much like Dorian vs Viki were at times with the hospital board stuff.

However, in 1998 Nora and Téa's relationship became very personal as Nora was Téa's divorce attorney and confidante. Sam/Nora was introduced via Téa/Todd. In 1999, Nora and Téa also became personal due to the RJ stuff.

Their 2008 stuff was rooted in the courtroom but things became very very personal in 2009 over Rachel and Matthew.

Anyhoo, this is the one rivalry I always loved because it wasn't cat fighting over same man... it was deeper and more complex issues and that reminds me of Dorian and Viki. Again, JMO, so I'll leave it at that.

• Members

I thought it was more a hommage to Passions and look Who's Talking, sigh... I know that was AE doing DV's voice, and Liam was Michael Easton doing some bizarre baby gangster?

So natalie leaves to get ready for work for ages without peeking at her baby? Or wondering why the door was open? I won't even get started how DV gets into apartments and busy office buildings around town.

Not a big B/T fan but I liked seeign some flashbacks, and I admit I really liked the Tina/Vicki stuff and her calling on the unfair treatment of her siblings, but I guess it's official she'll never mention that her daughter's life was in danger when Tess was blackmailing her.

Just like Todd tried to have Natalie's heart removed, oh and the fact that Tina's daughter's life was being held in the balance if she revealed the secret about Vicki's daughter...

It's not my fave stuff, but it's not really new to OLTL (Starr's animated fantasies, etc)--as long as it doesn't become too recurring I don't really mind.

The Cord/Clint and Vicki/Tina--even kinda the Todd/Blair stuff made it more interesting to me than basically all week... Is 10 or so characters a tiny cast?

• Members

If Liam could "talk," he would be trying to get away from the headcases around him. Considering how long ago they stopped caring about the story they should have him somehow go on the run, with Look Who's Talking voiceovers.

• Members

Today's doggie talking felt like Tomlin was back in charge, oy what a mess and the stuff that makes me cringe as a soap fan.

I always wanted better for Cord than Tina, and still don't believe T&C belong together but AE & JL are two pros who are working their scenes well.

So RC is taking the same tack with selling T&B that Guza did with S&B. This is one rushed, forced reunion solely based on nostalgia. It's more about whom they used to be and what they felt in the past than who they are all these years later. And like Guza, RC is deliberately glossing over some huge glaring issues between them so he can use them for conflict post-marriage. That's lazy writing.

• Members

I don't see a comparison. Sonny had just gotten through getting his kids jailed, raped and blown up when he flew off to Paris to moon over Brenda. Todd's been out of commission, tortured by war criminals for eight years. I don't think anything was glossed over, least of all in those flashbacks. They're clearly going to deal with where they were in 2003 - they've already begun doing that, what with Jack and Blair's attitude towards the situation when she first heard about Starr, then arrived at the cabin. With Sonny and Brenda, they simply scuttled any of that and shoved it aside, because Guza didn't want to acknowledge Sonny was far worse than he'd been in the '90s, until it was too late and VM was out the door, and suddenly she began saying the things we'd all known about her husband since before the day she arrived.

Archived