AMC tribute on the View

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KIm Delaney had a very successful run and won a primetime emmy on NYPD Blue. She currently stars on Army Wives. And a number of TV movies, TV guest roles in between and along the way. Jenny was one of my favorite characters but I don't think Kim made a mistake leaving, All in all I think she's had a pretty successful post AMC career and has worked pretty consistantly since she's left the show. She's supposedly had a substance abuse problem starting with her years on NYPD Blue and was rumored to have left the show because of it. She did come back to the show the year it ended so I don't think it was a case of her being fired.

• Members

Just watched The View AMC special, I felt like I had to before I got to the AMC finale. It was really nice...

The best part was when Debbi and Darnell came out. Nothing sad even happened but I just started crying. Debbi is just wonderful and I'm going to miss her so much on AMC. It was so funny to me when Debbi was cracking the hell up at the prom clip. LOL!!

Alicia Minshew wub.png Omfg that is all. I love her so freaking much I could fall over and die right now! She looked so radiant and I loved what she had to say. Did anyone notice that outfit she was wearing? Was it just me or did she wear that on AMC before, like a few months ago? It was this one outfit Kendall had on for like 6 episodes straight.

• Members

What a shame this sold out so quickly, I would've bought one in a heartbeat. This is great cast shot and I love that it takes place in Erica's penthouse. Love the Kane women all sitting together. I'm so going to miss them all.

Man I am salivating over this little crumb of a medianet pic....LOL. What a great shot of them, I'd love to see an enlarged version ;-)

• Members

About the kim Delaney mess--and I hope nobody pushes her to do a useless show like Celeb Rehab and she does get help--that speech (which was the night after she taped the View special) was tragic on so many levels. Why did they let her on stage in the first place?? Who are her agents? You also can tell she's had a long history of abuse as she doesn't even seem like she's having a good time--she looks lost and sad.

Oh, and does The View always have so many commercial breaks? I thought soaps were bad... I never watch, but I remember feeling the same way when they did the 40th Anniversary tribute.

• Members

Whats dicey? She did a succession of guest appearences and TV movies. Is there some shame in that? Or is this just becasue people think she should have stayed at AMC the past 30 years. I like Kim a lot and I assume like a lot of actors she likes variety and to be able to take on a lot of different roles to be able to stretch her skills. Nothing wrong with that. Im also not saying spending years on a soap is bad but every actor has different objectives. As a whole I would say shes had a pretty successful non AMC career. I don't know her personally so I have no idea what sort of personal demons she might be dealing with now. And I actually thought she looked amazingly luminous on The View - kind of shocked me to be honest in a good way.

• Members

She was cast on TOUR OF DUTY on CBS when the network wanted the Vietnam drama to try to appeal more to women, and I remember Delaney getting tons of positive reviews for her performance. She worked steadily on her craft, which she honestly needed to do following AMC, where she gave an appealing and popular performance, but was on the young and green side. (I love her to pieces and have since I was a kid watching Jenny...vividly can recall her being forced by Opal to work at Center City's infamous Foxy's, and the scene where Greg fell chasing her on the catwalk following the screening of the dirty movie she was in, scenes that made my little eyes cry).

• Members

This is something I never understand. What exactly do you mean by dicey? She worked steadily, in projects big and small. Go to IMDB and take a look at her resume.

Dicey or not, Kim Delaney (and Debbi Morgan) were the first of many soap actors I grew to love on their show and follow for years. She's no different from Michelle Forbes (Sunni/Solita, GL), Jessica Tuck (Megan, OLTL) or Cynthia Watros (Annie, GL).

• Administrator

Kim is still a gorgeous woman. :wub: Sad to hear about her incident.

Really liked seeing the old Jenny/Greg & Jessie/Angie clips. That ski-jet explosion was hilarious! :lol:

A young Rebecca Budig :wub: She's still hot now, but back then....WOW!!!

I was intrigued by that scene. Was this when AMC was tring to copy Reilly's DAYS? LOL

Archived