AMC: Tuesday, September 20, 2011

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated this episode!

The fourth wall crap was annoying and lazy, Too many darn people involved in what was supposed the Kane segment and they are really overdoing it with the JR stuff.

I can't believe I'm saying this but the best part was seeing Babe.

• Members

I wasn't feeling them speaking to the camera. And I thought the scripting could have been better.

I would have gone about that episode totally differently. I would have had Erica recap everything to Kit with several segments of flashbacks and then get everybody together for the last scene. Segment of flashbacks dedicated to Kendall/Erica from bad to good, Bianca/Erica, all the men Erica's loved before, drama (the slaps, dress rippings, K-M Thanksgivings), and one to the family love (from M/K/E/B in 1993 to the 2011 edition).

The Lavery's, Slaters, Minks they could have done smaller flashback segments if any flashbacks.

• Members

I actually think flashbacks would have served this episode... just shown silently over the confessionals to the camera. The confessionals were flat and barely scratched the surface in terms of rehashing bullet point history, so they might as well have been churched up with some nice clips of Mona, Eric, and childhood Bianca at least if they didn't want to touch the SMG thing.

• Members

There was an episode that was Erica centric earlier in the year that was so much better than what we got today because you actually felt effort and good thought went into the writing and direction. You got hom much Mona and Kendall meant to Erica, and you got some symmetyr between Erica/Mona, Kendall/Erica. Today? Not so much. It really did feel like a lazy effort put together on the scrap.

SFK, exactly on every point.

I understand not using footage of ER, SMG to a point. But they couldn't have shot out a few bucks to pay the actresses on ABC's bill? But they had A LOT of drama they could have used with AM's Kendall and Erica. CBL's Bianca is a bit more limited.Then there was Erica/Mona, and all the men.This is the Kane women, their should have been a drama set of flashbacks - the slaps, the fights, the heated exchanges etc. If they were going to waste time on those somewhat shallow camera-talks, why not instead do RICH flashbacks?

• Members

Yeah, I get that they're in an awkward spot, but the SMG Kendall years were SO good, a flashback of Kendall wheeling Richard Fields into the courtroom, or the classic shot of Mona, Erica, SMG Kendall and GG Bianca (Mona: "Three generations of Kane woman...") gazing into the mirror the morning of Erica and Dimitri's wedding, stuff like that. ITA, that Erica episode earlier this year was the real valentine. I remember praising it on here and being so glad that they actually worked that in well before the finale, so I can't be too grudgy here. I'm just so glad that that happened.

• Members

We can youtube together a good episode ;) And, yeah, at least we got that earlier in the year.

Kate Hall was writing today, too. She's like the best they have. I'll blame the outline.

Here's the episode from January 3 thanks to AMD who recently put it up in the Pre-Nom thread...

Archived