GH: Classic Thread

• Members

For some reason, I was under the impression L&L and Lucky were basically on the run from Frank Smith, globetrotting and running cons or capers for many years til coming home in '93. I knew they had the Triple L in Canada but I thought that was one of many stopovers. Looking at stuff recently it seems as though Smith only renewed his focus on them in '93. Am I wrong, or what's the nuance?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They were living under fake identities in Canada and the impresssion I got from the story at the time was that Frank had caught up to them.  They certainly knew it was him that had arranged for the truck to be blown up.  He had clearly been after them for a significant period of time, possibly most of Lucky’s life at that point from how Laura felt about them getting away from the mob once she was home again.

In the years and retcons since, it seems they had some other adventures and time for Luke to run off on his own and have another kid (which absolutely does not ring true to the Luke we met again in 1993, but oh well).

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I know Heather was a great villain and was quiet complex in the early 80‘s. 
But I start to feel a bit sorry for her during her 1980 return with the recast. 

I mean she was on a LSD trip and lost the plot and got locked away.. and what did Jeff do? He didn’t really helped her. He tried to knock up Anne and was ready to give up his wife. Even when Heather got home over Christmas 1980 Jeff was all about getting away from her to be with Anne.

I think Jeff was a real jerk during this story and he even slept with Diana down the line. And now he is somewhere and doesn’t even care about his daughters. 

I think the lsd thing and getting hurt by Jeff ruined her mind and made her complete psycho. Poor Heather. 

• Members

While I did feel sorry for Heather #2 (because of the actress that portrayed her), she was no saint. After scheming to get Jeff in bed, while blowing up his marriage to Monica, Heather deserved everything she got. Diana did nothing but be kind to Heather, but because Heather sold her son, and then after a miscarriage could not have another child, decided to drive Diana insane, drank the LSD that she meant for Diana got her just desserts. 

• Members

Yeah, Heather did a lot of horrific things, I don’t really feel all that sorry for her.

I’m not saying Jeff was an innocent, but Heather was perfectly fine wrecking many people’s lives.  And I still think she was the original intended killer but Mattson was so good they decided to keep her and change Diana’s killer.  Anne might be the most annoying main character ever on GH, but being framed for murder is pretty extreme.

• Members

I didn’t really pay attention to the show as a little kid, but I remember Laura’s return in 1983, I liked the Webbers, and I was sad when Lesley was killed.  I really started watching when Felicia was introduced.  But I had read about Anne Logan and I knew she was tied to Diana’s murder.  Before I had actually seen her, I wanted her to be Liz’s mother.  Then I finally got to see her in action thanks to YouTube, and I just think she is the most boring and annoying character.

I loved the actress as Barbara on AMC.  It’s not the performer.  I just can’t stand Anne.  She even had two of the hottest guys after her- Jeff and Joe Kelly, and I just don’t see what the appeal was.  I do think the show didn’t really write a character for her that had anywhere to go.  How long can you crave intimacy and also push it away without exploring what she really wanted from a relationship?

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I can't speak for anyone, but I think she was just very sanctimonious and obviously famous for being a virgin.  She didn't have a ton of likable factors (even though we were supposed to think she was great) and had multiple, multiple men after her (Jeff, Joe Kelly, Noah) for no discernible reason.  She was Audrey's niece as well.  I don't know if she was propped exactly, but it felt like that to me.  I believe Noah dumped Bobbie for Annie a few years ago off screen.

ETA-It's nothing against Susan Pratt, who is very good.  It just wasn't the kind of character she excels at.  She does better with someone with a bit of an edge.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Anne Logan ugh… The almighty saint Anne. She was so over the place with her attitude. She always tried to be nice and innocent little Anne but all she really was is a whinnying annoying and self observed women. Jeff went through all this Heather drama and Anne’s dialogue was horrendous!

She made it all about herself but in the next sentence tried to convince us that she knows she can’t make it about herself but 5 minutes later cried again with like the exact same dialogue.

horrible character. She is up there for me as the character I hate the most. And don’t get me started on her annoying son that couldn’t act.. ugh

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

A fascinating beat I do not remember and have never seen before, from the otherwise wholesome family days of late '93. Laura and Lucky are unpacking hand me down furniture and discover a disco strobe light. Laura's reaction here (timestamped below) is very telling for people who know the history (a strobe was prominent in the infamous rape scene). I wonder if this beat was scripted or if it was Genie's choice.

• Members

I loved Anne. Probably because I saw her from her onset. She was an innocent young woman grieving the loss of her dad. Then when Lassa Fever hit, she was the one who discovered that Jeremy was the carrier, which led into the story of her adopting him.

Susan Pratt was great on #AMC, and absolutely outstanding on #TGL!