GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@DRW50Laura has a fair bit to do with Lulu, Valentin, Nikolas and lately Cyrus (I'd like to think that after almost losing her for good in 2018, GH has finally learnt it's lesson where Genie Francis is concerned), but Kevin's only on like twice a month (and Lucy even less).

Edited by Dion

• Members

They axed her, and fans went ballistic.  It was also clear that the show stalled out right around the same time as I recall, because they had to switch gears away from things they had been building to.  Classic interference.  The network and Frank got a lot of heat.  More than anticipated, not helped by Frank having done it to her twice (first time when she came back for the 50th, and they were building to a Deception story with Laura and Lucy that evaporated).

• Members

I finally got around to listening to the Brad Maule episode on Steve Burton and Bradford Anderson’s podcast.  It gets incredibly moving when they talk about the BJ’s heart storyline.  

SB actually gets choked up and has a hard time speaking while  remembering watching them film the scenes where Tony listens to BJ’s heart beating in Maxie.  It’s kind of cool to hear how much it impacted the people making it.  Especially since that and Stone dying are the two soap opera scenes I can’t watch without crying to this day.

• Members

No lie, I'm pretty sure the BJ's heart episodes were how I first learned what death was.

I'm up to August 1991 in my summaries reading. By this point, any attempt at 86ing the Qs for the Eckerts (at least the blue collar version) has ended. The summaries are a bit exhausting to read because you can just tell rewrites were coming at the speed of light.

• Frisco is obsessed with getting back onto the PCPD! Oh, but now he abandons Felicia because something from his past is threatening her and Maxi (I looked ahead; this plot element never gets resolved).
  • Tracy is being pursued by Harlan! Oh, now she's being pursued by Paul!
  • Mac/Jenny has now become Mac/Dominique (man, has it become Mac/Dominique) and Jenny/Paul/Tracy (and eventually Ned; I guess he fell into place when Wally was hired Nope, Ned becomes/solidifies himself as one of the players right as August begins)
  • In addition to being bothered by Alan vs. Tracy when he "died" two years prior, Edward was now also dealing with a cartel including Faison, Harlan and Leopold Taub

And such on and such on. I see that on Friday, Aug. 23, there was a scene where Robert got drunk and called Bill Eckert "Luke." I'll bet it was fun to act and watch, but I also feel a bit of desperation from TPTB. "Okay, audience. You want this as much as we do, but our hands are tied."

Edited by Franko