GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You very well could be right in remembering that Lucille appeared in 1981 for Audrey’s Birthday.

That photo looks to be from an appearance that is different from the one I posted the video of.  I just wanted to share that she made one final appearance in 1982.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

A male character striking a woman is always alarming, but the discussion of Kin Shriner refusing to allow Scotty to hit a woman during Ron Carlivati’s tenure reminded me of this: Alan Quartermaine slapping Reese April 7-8, 2005, which was sort of emblematic of the character at the time. 

It happens 37 minutes into this episode: “You’re nothing but a whore with a badge.”

• Members

This was the first time I had ever seen that scene.  I am no misogynist or advocate of violence towards women, but, maybe I'm the only guy on this site that is not a gentleman.  For some reason, I'm not angry at Alan at all after viewing him hit that woman.  Based on the little I've seen of the female character in the snippet, I don't like her either.

• Members

Meh.  I am a woman  and don't advocate violence, but Reese was generally universally hated.  Just another lame Brendabot.  Hitting her was extreme but his words weren't wrong. 

Didn't Alan have a pill addiction?  Did he fall off the wagon?  Or is he one of those soap characters that still drink because booze wasn't their problem?

• Members

Alan and Monica really got pushed off the canvas after that 98/99 pill popping storyline. They're really underrated as a couple, often just lumped together with the rest of the Quartermaines. The appeal of them to me was that (depite the cheating) the charachters were together for a LONG TIME. The Monica/Rick affair and Susan Moore fiascos were my favorite storylines of their's. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Alan was never a sweetheart or a teddy bear. He even raped Monica. I wasn't surprised the scene got so ugly, especially since the likely intent was to remind viewers of how awesome Sonny was. I was just shocked at how terribly written and acted it was. I guess it's been a long time since I've sat through any of the JFP/Luza era. 

• Members

That was the year of Michael killing AJ, and Jennifer Bransford Carly, right? What was the other stuff? Was this when Sam found out Alexis was her mother? Was this when Emily was raped by Nik's doppleganger and the show said she should get over it and had him screwing Courtney?

I wish TWOP's forums were still around to see what they would have said about the Alan and Reese scenes.