Who Else Thinks JFP Is Out at GH in December?

• Members

I think it's a given that JFP is out at GH in December. Not because ABC thinks someone else will do a better job, or improve the show's chances for sticking around, but instead it will be a financial decision.

JFP's contract expires in December, while Frank Valentini is already locked into a three-year contract with ABC, likely making less than JFP. So while ABC will likely hail the move as trying to help GH, it will just be a way for them to ride out Frank's contract and avoid re-negotiating with JFP for a new one.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

C'mon now, lol. EVERY producer and writer has their faves/pets. I can't think of one who hasn't. I will say all of JFP's faves over the years have been good actors.

As for Valentini, he will finish work on OLTL in mid-to-late November. JFP had her first day at GH at the beginning of December 2000, right after GH came back from Thanksgiving break. So really.....even the timing is just too perfect. Valentini would finish up at OLTL, GH would go dark in late November for Thanksgiving, and then he would show up at GH right after that break, in early December.

• Members

There is also an article in Soap Opera Digest, I think, were JFP says that Garin Wolf saved the showed once before during the writer's strike. If she loved the work he did during the strike then why not try and keep him in that position. Instead they went back to Guza and it took 3 years before he was let go. The entire team running GH is a joke at the moment. As much as some people did not like Wendy Riche, she needs to come back and help work some magic at the show to keep it going.

• Members

JFP is the worst kind of soap producer. When her ratings are respectful, she disses the fans, basically saying she knows what's best for the show she's producing. Now when it looks like she's about to be out of a job, she pleads with fans to get behind the mess she and Bob Guza created. Despicable. For months, she saw GH tanking. She read who upset viewers were with the stories and the dark nature of the show. The writing was clearly the major problem, but she continued to support Guza. I doubt Garin Wolf or any writer can repair the mess GH has become. But he wouldn't be to blame. Clearly JFP, Guza and Frons are.

• Members

If it was just GH I would say maybe her hands were tied but she has a history of doing what she wants, pimping her own faves, killing off fan favorites and beloved characters and not giving a rats ass what fans think. I think I might have been impressed with her interview had she admitted or acknowledged some responsibility for what happened but she didn't.

Last I read GH was bringing in yet another mob family. Seriously Sonny and the corinthos family, the zaccaras, and now another one? What about the focus people want over the core families?

Archived