Days: Character exit spoiler from TV Guide

• Members

Vivian exits September 23rd. Ivan returns to town, he's a rolling in dough film producer, shows up in full Bollywood drag and sweeps his "Madame" off to India to make her a star!

LS is not happy about this exit to put it midly. She thinks it turns her character into a cartoon or an idiot. She says it's embarassing and pathetic for a woman Vivian's age to suddenly announce she's going to be in Bollywood movies. She expressed her opinion to one of the producer's much more crassly than she intended because she was so full of sadness & rage.

It didn't help that she was fired in a graceless manner. She says there was never a thank you, never a goodbye. It's not just Days, that's the way it's done everywhere now.. There is a lack of respect from those up above for the people who are doing all the work, it's like you don't exist.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know, I really like Louise Sorel. I think my favorite role for her was Judith Sanders on OLTL, who was never really developed to her full potential.

But really....is it worth getting that worked up about how your character is written out? Sure, it's a ridiculous way for her to go, but sheesh....suck it up, and just do it, without complaining. Between her, Robin Strasser, Kim Zimmer, etc, I'm reminded of Sarah Silverman's quote about "Divas":

• Members

It sucks because lately they've actually started writing Vivian more like Vivian...And she and Bren have fantastic chemistry, and that story just shouldn't be ending already especially going back to campy garbage..I get that DAYS is trying to change or whatever, but she was also around with all of those characters being brought back.

• Members

I can see why Louise Sorel is upset about this exit - she has always fought for her character and she never seemed thrilled about how ridiculous Vivian became in the late 90's. But really, her exit could be much, much, much, much, much worse.

• Members

Louise isn't wrong, it's a ridiculous way for a character of her age/style/position to exit the canvas.

Honestly, it's like Corday hates her and sticks it to her whenever he can.

Louise is a very serious actress and she fights for her character and the writing that goes with it. She's been burned so badly by DAYS over the years, she's not a diva, she's a professional and the way she's been treated must really kill her.

• Members

It's ridiculous but compared to what she could have had (being killed off in a f*** you fashion a la JFP or Guza; just vanishing without a trace; slinking out of town with everyone jeering her), I think it's OK.

• Members

I think Louise would prefer being killed off, vanishing or slinking out of town with everyone jeering at her because at least it would fit Vivian's narrative. Face down in a lake? Sounds about right.

The Bollywood thing is just over the top lunacy that's reduced Vivian to a complete joke.

Archived