OLTL: Baker's Boss

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This just smacks of desperation to have someone behind this mess and having them tied to the history of the show. It's really stupid. I dislike the plot part of this story but the emotional aspect is good, they should focus on that because the plot makes no sense.

• Members

I just feel that some deceased characters are sacred and you just don't mess with them. I know that there are fans who really hated what became of Victor Lord in death, and I can respect that. I did however find things like the secret room and the sexual abuse and the dalliance with Irene fascinating. Eterna, very cool imo, but again, I can see how that was too sci-fi and pushing it for a lot of fans. Heart of a Lord? Can't get with that [!@#$%^&*] a-tall. To me, the deceased Victor of the DID s/l was an absolutely fascinating character and I would not have messed with him after that beyond some other revelations like some more hitherto unknown kids (someone once suggested that he was Carla's dad[!!!]) or some business ventures that led to some delicious mysteries, Stuff like that.

To me, Irene is up there with Victor in terms of beng a fascinating departed character whose story was best left as is. I mean, why stop there, why not make Meredith her ace boon coon who's been plotting against Viki all these years for being fahthuh's favorite? It's too Heart of a Lord for me. I would have been all for some more juicy Irene revelations, but Irene the super villain?unsure.png

I'm along for the ride regardless.

• Members

Thank you, SFK, for putting in my head the image of Victor Lord doin' the do w/ Sadie Grey. ;-)

Exactly!

On the plus side, Irene smiled when she looked at that photo of her and Viki, suggesting she still considered her best friend. Of course, that friendship might not survive this latest twist, but it's nice to think she doesn't hold any malice in her heart toward Viki.

• Members

You goofy !@#$%^&*], I love this crazy [!@#$%^&*]. It's a Two Todds story. It is going to be ridonk no matter how you do it. I am enjoying it and the characters and performances.

You never call anymore.

• Members

I agree, that is nice (which almost seems odd to say). They're probably going to play the, "Viki was more of a mother to these men than you ever were" angle and Viki's going to treat Irene even worse than she treated Tina the last time she left town (understandable given this crazy plot). That's sad to me. Her best friend being sedyuiced by her fahthuh was bad enough.

• Members

I'm mostly just waiting on whether we're going to get big scenes with Tina and Irene. If it's just Irene making problems for the Todds, people she never interacted with on the show, then why bother?

I have to admit that a storyline about Meredith not being dead (Victor kept her alive somewhere) and secretly plotting against her family might be interesting, especially if it brought Dan and Larry back.

Archived