MTV DEBUTED 30 YEARS AGO

• Members

I think for it to be a spin off it would have to have some kind of connection to the former series, and this didnt aside from lauren being on it. The tone and look were even much different.

And no, because for MTV to pikc this up would have been dumb. I was obsesed with the hills/laguna beach but would not tune into this. There was no hook, nothing to watch every week, it was just... blah.

I saw people call him racist, because ya know he made a cruel racial remarke but i also seen people feel for him, his struggle, and what he has had to deal with. They even just paired him with the guy that whole thing that went down with the new challenge and they discussed it. Really, that and the other incident you mentioned, between Tyler and Paula on key West are prob the worst two moments for gays on the real world. I dont remmeber what the paula/tayler issue was, but everyone on that season ws pretty curel to Paula.

The thing, is teen mom is sensationalized by the magazines because the viewers do care about these girls and the magazines act on that and bank on it. There is nothing MTV can do about that. Also, Teen Mom 2 was not well liked, so again it call comes to the cast. the girls of teen mom 1 are a hit, and people care and are invested, likely because they had the most interesting episodes of 16 and Pregnant.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Do you also consider Audrina to be a spinoff of The Hills even though it has absolutely nothing to do with that show?

Ive never seen Teen Mom, but The Hills in its early seasons was definetly better than Laguna Beach. It really came into its own by season 2 when Spencer was added, Audrina became closer with Lauren and Lauren and Heidi's relationship started to split. That was good tv. Unfortunately Whitney always remained irrelevant until she got her own show (which shouldnt have gotten cancelled when it did). I felt it had at least 1 more season left in it

• Members

The Hills was exactly like laguna beach... UNTIL Lauren vs heidi at the club! That set the rest of the show on fire, and the last half of laurens season when kristen took over just didnt gel well, but it found its footing in the final season. It somehow got even more scripted, and even more real at the same time lol.

As for the City, man... that show def deserved at least another season. Olivia vs Erin was GOLD! And Kelly catrone? Amazing. Roxy needed to go, and i honestly wouldnt have missed Whitney either.

• Members

MTV doesn't stand for Music Television anymore, that was announced a year or two ago. It only remains MTV because it's a major brand. They can't just change the name. So at least they recognize they aren't about music anymore.

• Members

Because MTV is a brand. Why would they change it?

SciFi went to SyFy to market itself internationally, and TNN changed its name from the Nashville Network to The National Network, not a big change until they compeltely re-branded as Spike, but TNN was an MTV level brand.

• Members

I dont think they spend much time caring that former people, likely outside their demo, complain about the lack of music.

And they shouldn't, its not Music Television anymore, and hasn't been for years. Its officially just MTV. It doesnt stand for anything. Its just the brand of the network, movie studio, publication house, etc..

By the way, i am excited to see The Perks of Being A Wallflower made into a movie. MTV is behind both the great book, and the movie i think.

• Members

People who keep talking about that really need to get over it arleady. Its not called Music Television Network, its MTV. Thats simple enough to understand. Most of the people that keep complaining about this arent even watching or supporting it anymore so their opinions are irrelevant to those in charge over there

Archived