AMC: Fan Club Weekend

• Members

Good Lord...

I've always promised myself that I would never be a "crazy fan" if I should ever meet someone I admire. I've rehearsed it many times..."OMG, it's a pleasure to meet you. I enjoy your work greatly, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your talent. Thank you, and have a great day!" Anything beyond that is self-serving, unless they clearly want to continue the conversation.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

See, I personally don't think that's TOO bad. Especially for people who don't really concern themselves with the BTS workings of the show, I can see how the character name comes to you first before you can say the actor name. But then I've heard stories of people (not soap fans) refusing to acknowledge that the characters are fiction and the actors are real.

And let's not even get started on the Nuke fans who were pissed because Van and Jake didn't make out on some red carpet one year.

• Members

I'm just uncomfortable being in a fannish atmosphere where people are screaming and laughing way too hard at the stars' unfunny jokes. The closest I have ever come to that is when I went to the Emmys, a highlight being the late Frank Attardi snapping at a small group of women to stop grabbing all over his wife. I really enjoyed the panel discussions for the Worlds Without End exhibit at the Paley Center (when it was still The Museum of Television and Radio). Those were obviously less frenzied and more educational.

• Members

Vee, that's interesting because with the exception of Colin Egglesfield, I have only ever bumped into OLTL actors in the city as well. The girl who played Roseanne Delgado (forgetting her name at the moment), James DePaiva, and two or three times I saw Sherri Saum, KDLR's wife, at the same spot around French Roast on the UWS. My parents ran into Ellen Holly in Westchester, and that is one of my biggest, "Why wasn't I there!?" moments of life.

marceline, I have a nice Patrick Stewart story but it isn't mine to tell. Basically, an actor friend was stressing over a big audition and in her own world when she knocked into PS on a NY sidewalk. She apologized profusely, explained her situation, and he sat down with her at a cafe and helped her with her monologue.

• Members

TC Warner? Did she play...Kelsey? God, that was a long time ago. I hardly remember that. I was young though, so my memories of those years are fuzzy. I did find the Holiday's Explosion the other day on one of my DVD's...brought back some awesome memories.

• Members

Yes...Lets just say she would be more believable playing Scott Chandler's mother now and not his love interest.

Not an incident per se but just that she seemed to surround herself with people who were trying to sell something, whether it be her or something else. Definitely a stench of desperation.

One of the latin brothers Kendall or Greenlee had a thing with. i have no idea which one it was but he showed up and I think maybe one person clapped.

Speaking of following people to the restrooms and bothering them. Right before Jacob's event, I had to go to the bathroom, as I was passing the men's restroom, someone slams open the door and smacks me in the face with it...it was Jacob! Best smack in the face I've ever gotten and he couldn't have been more gracious or apologetic.

I doubt they were playing to the fans. I saw them at several events and they acted normal and sweet instead of pandering to the lesbian fanbase like some do. cough*CrystalChappell*cough.

I asked CBL and SG about the first Minx kiss and asked them if ABC had censored it because it was quite tame and they told me that ABC did absolutely not censor anything and that the "tameness" of the kiss was due to both actresses being straight and that it sort of made sense given the scenario.

The absolute nicest people I met were JR Martinez, Sarah Glendening and Jacob Young. Just genuine, nice people!

• Members

Mar, I still laugh how Jacob hit you w/ the door. But screw you skanko for stealing hugs w/ my baby. Jordi was a tool from what I heard. laugh.png Saying that stupid Sears story when Susan mother f'n Lucci is in the f*cking house? And still say bullsh!t to Sarah being a Jannie fan.

Archived