• Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

Patricia Allison as Barbara Lee, Jacqueline Courtney as Ann Lee --

Miranda Plank, Jacqueline Courtney as Ann Lee --

Miranda Plank, Jacqueline Courtney as Ann Lee --

Jacqueline Courtney as Ann Lee -- Photo by: Bob Ganley/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images.

Jacqueline Courtney as Ann Lee -- Photo by: Bob Ganley/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images.

That's Melinda Plank with Jacquie Courtney at the malt shoppe. The doctor is Allen Nourse.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Actress Joan Anderson who played on this series and many other soaps(and at one time married to Craig Huebing) appears in this 1968/1969 commercial for Joy. Florence Halop (who many remember from Night Court) appears as the grocery checker.

• Members

Yes, I saw that Charmin ad too where Mr. Whipple (Dick Wilson) was yelling at her for squeezing the Charmin. Dick Wilson's daughter was on the 80's sitcom Perfect Strangers. She was so proud of him in interviews. He was a character actor for decades and had many high class celebrity friends. He also played the drunk guy on Bewitched. 

I miss some of these old product ads with characters you cared about like Mr. Whipple, Madge in the Palmolive ads, Mrs. Olson the Folgers coffee woman, Josephine the plumber etc... All of these actors started their ad characters in the 60's and did them up to the early 90's when they retired. 

• 11 months later...
  • Members

TV in Review

By FRED DANZIG NEW YORK (UPI) - I wish Eugene Burr, producer of “Our Five Daughters," would attach numerals to each daughter. With the official NBC-TV scorecard before me and !)0 minutes of viewing time behind me, I still don't know who's who in this daily half-hour serial. I remember that I had the same trouble with the Dionne quintuplets. The newest family-size container of ocular ointment began oozing out of the daytime lube right after New Year’s Day and I resolved that I would keep quiet until I could tell the girls apart. It has since become apparent that such an achievement is beyond the talents.of a mere daytime serial dilettante, so here I go, writing about “Our Five Daughters" and breaking one New Year's resolution. "Our Five Daughters"— not to be confused with "My Three Sons”—belong to Helen and Jim Lee and are listed on my scorecard. without numbers, as Anne. Marjorie. Barbara. Mary and Jane. Four of the girls look alike, even though Annie is supposed to be a 16-year-old high school student, Margie is a flirtatious 18-year-old office workers, Barbara is a 25-year-old secretary and Mary, 27. is an expectant mother and the wife of an advertising man. In this young series, the troubles already range from  Annie’s homework to dad's smashed spine and loss of income. Another unscheduled trouble, I believe, is that the players still haven't got each other's names straight. The organ music heralds each new crisis and salutes dogged determination with the appropriate chords.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Radio Daily Sept 62

Ralstons Pen New Pop Tune

Esther Ralston, star of NBC - TV's Our Five Daughters, has just had a new song recorded, for which she wrote the lyrics and her daughter actress-singer Judy Lloyd supplied the music.

Titled  "Dream Of Home", Johnny Loren does the recorded version for the Phillips label.

"Miss Ralston and her daughter have collaborated on many other songs which have been published and recorded. Judy, who appears with her mom in a minor role in a "Five Daughters" seg has had another song recorded with her own lyrics "Shades of Pink". Andrea Carroll did the vocal.

• Members

Radio/TV Daily Jan 62

Bill Tabbert Joins Cast Of 'Our Five Daughters'

Bill Tabbert, who starred as Lt. Cable in the original Broadway production of "South Pacific," has joined the cast of the new NBC-TV daytime serial drama, "Our Five Daughters." He portrays lawyer Bob Purdon.

Archived