Y&R: Actor re-signs with the show

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CE is forever Adam, in a sense. He had this gruff shyness, sweetness to him, married with a certain endearing scrappiness so that when Nick pushed him around, he was in his face, pushing right back. The chemistry he generated with Vail Bloom and Eileen Davidson was both sweet and hot. He was playing Adam like Mason capwell -- the misundertood, ignored son. If he came back today (which will never happen as his reputation has been trashed and MM is a true-blue company man), honestly, I would be more than interested to see his take on this post-apocalyptic Adam.

However! MM has grown on me. God, I hated him his first year. He was all mustache-twirling, muahahahahaha pantomime villanry. I think he was instructed to go that route by Hogan and MAB. Somewhere along the way, though, MM got the memo. I think part of it was that he truly came to appreciate what a new, bigger fanbase could offer him. Let's be honest here. But I also think he came to appreciate the genre. And that his character had loads of potential if he brought some nuance and shading to the characterization. Honestly, Sharon was the saving grace because after the Adam-Heather relationship had been thoroughly trashed, it seemed Adam was incapable of feeling anything for anybody. The feelings he had for Sharon made him more human. This all coincided with that awful Newman "intervention" where Sharon and Ashley (the TRUE victims of Adam's crimes) were banished to the little girl's room while the Big Bad Newman Men showed off their muscles and got to beat up on Adam. I was so sick of the insane Victor-Nick-CrackToria propping that I was pretty much rooting for Adam from that point on -- even though, as you know, Ashley is one of my favourite characters.

And now I have warmed to this forever plotting, sarcastic, feelings-bubbling-just-under-the-surface Adam.

Oof! Sorry about that. But you did ask.

• Members

Yes, one is in this thread ;)

Explains why Sharon Case once said her only friend on the Y&R set is MTS ;)

:lol::lol: too funny, it's well documented that Case is a Diva besides BG's own personal interaction with her!

• Members

I've grown to like Michael and am happy that he'll be around giving Victor and Nick exactly what they deserve.

I just love these threads! :P I had no idea Sharon was such a Diva. She does such a good job of coming across so innocent and nice. And she has no reason to act that way as someone already pointed out. Boy was I wrong about her. MTS I could always see being a Diva.

Archived