Patti Labelle sued over savage beating of West Point cadet by her bodyguards

alphanguy74

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What in the name of God... I wonder what was said. First of all, he has a right to stand wherever he wants to and if they felt he was too close to the luggage they could have moved it or simply approached it letting their presence be known. One of those guys was intimidating enough to get the point across, all three didn't need to jump in even if drunk dude got froggy. And letting him bust his head against concrete is just awful. If Patti said, "Watch that boy by my luggage", that's one thing, but ordering them to rough him up? I dunno about all that... Again, I would like to know the exact words that were exchanged.

• Members

I'm dying to know what was said as well. Aren't people who are bodyguards trained to deal with situations without running afoul of the law? Sounds like Patti just hired a street thug to protect her, and not a trained professional. and why does she need bodyguards? She's not as famous as CHER, for God's sake. I've never liked Patti's music, but was always entertained by her personality. Now, I'm seeing many of my friends in the know who say she's a fake ass bitch really know what they are talking about. Her posing with that cop all sunshine and apple pie made me sick. Even if her actions were JUSTIFIED, I wouldn't be all unaffected like that just minutes after an incident like that. But SFK... Patti's people ahve thrown around the drunk accusation, and was it the police who said they smelled alcohol on him? Well, smelling alcohol on someone does not mean they are drunk. and if he WAS suspected of being drunk and starting an altercation, where is the sobriety test? I'd think that would be the first thing the police would do. And let's also state the obvious here.... how would this guy even BE drunk? They certainly don't let people board a plane while drunk, and when they are served drinks in flight, flight attendants and certainly not allowed to get passengers drunk, now are they?

• Members

I love Patti-Patti ("Right Kind of Lover" was my late grandmother's JAM in the 90s -- just humming it makes me think of her :( ), but this whole things seems foul as hell. I don't even know what to make of it. I was gonna say she should just pay the guy off and fire the bodyguards, but with her smiling for photo ops, I don't know if she can come out of this looking good.

• Members

Disgusting. And the kid's college football team dropped him because of the injury. Pay the guy off? Well isn't that nice. The rich and powerful make their crime go away with a little bit of money? I would think her three thugs should face criminal charges and if it can be proven she told them to do it, she should face charges also.

And it shows you just what kind of "security" this bitch has. They're thugs, and I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if one or all of them had a criminal history. And something about this smells like a racial attack also.

• Members

I meant pay the guy off as in give him what he wants. If he's suing her, he wants money, so I would ask him what he wants and give it to him. Unless he prefers to get wrapped up in legal proceedings. If she told them to do it, that's a whole other story, but no one's proven that yet. I'm failing to see how this registers as a racial attack, too.

• Members

I doubt it was racial, if Miss Patti saw a drunk black dude standing what she thought was too close to her bags and told her guys to sic 'em, I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate taking him down either. My guess is they told him to move and the buzzed military man in him told them to [!@#$%^&*] off in so many words and like Olivia Newton John, they got physical.

I go back and forth with her... I think she is really funny and talented but flawed like anybody's crazy/funny aunt. I am a little suspicious of anyone who is always talking about how *REAL* they are, that should just speak for itself, and *candid* does not always = *REAL*.

I bet she was nervous as hell when she saw him hit that wall. She probably had butterflies in her stomach when she was standing there doing damage control snapping pics.

• Members

I bet she was nervous as hell, too. I agree with your assessment about her, funny and talented, but very flawed. And funny you should mention crazy... I think she is suffering from some mental instability, i've always thought that. Poor Nona and Sarah, having to put up with all that crazy, and having it dressed in a yellow chicken suit to boot! I also don't think there's any racial element to her ordering this... just the paranoia and voices in her own head. I just don't understand why she needs bodyguards. Answer is, she doesn't. All the famous people I've been contact with don't have bodyguards... hell, most of them just have a pistol in their pocketbook, that's all the bodyguard they need.

• Members

I guess it is a combo of her shoes and diabetes but she walks very gingerly and seems like someone who could easily get knocked to the ground and robbed while strolling in her chinchilla. But yeah, three dudes seems a little much. She also doesn't drive. Ever. So one guy could function as her driver-slash-bodyguard. Maybe she had a bad fan experience once?

LOL at this headline: Cadet got his LaBelle rung by bodyguards

Ah, I see, her son Zuri is in fact her driver/bodyguard.

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-04/entertainment/29620907_1_patti-labelle-west-point-cadet-bodyguards

Archived