OLTL: Another newbie

• Members

SID

Broadway Star Joins Soap!

LaChanze -- a Broadway stage veteran who originated the role of Celie in The Color Purple opposite Renee Elise Goldsberry (ex-Evangeline) and won a Tony Award for her performance -- has been cast on ONE LIFE TO LIVE in the recurring role of Yvette. A show rep says that Yvette will have a "surprising connection to someone in Llanview." Look for LaChanze to first air in June.

In other OLTL casting news, Soaps In Depth has learned that daytime newcomer Barret Helms will debut as Baz on Monday, June 20.

LaChanze.jpgHelms.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad :(

While pregnant with her second child, LaChanze's husband, securities trader Calvin Gooding, was killed in the offices of the Cantor Fitzgerald financial services firm located in Tower One of the World Trade Center during the September 11, 2001 attacks.

• Members

I remember when Audra McDonald, Lillias White, and Heather Headley appeared on Rosie to promote the Dreamgirls benefit concert and they gave LaChanze a shoutout as this was just after 9/11. I think she was originally in the production and had to pull out when she lost her husband. :(

She is good casting, I hope they do her justice (writers AND scene partners :ph34r: ).

• Members

She looks great. I dont see why anyone would be mad they have alot of time, I can see RC wrapping up all his pre cancellation stuff through the summer and into the fall. Guess she will be Deanna and Destiny's mom. Do we know about Deanna's dad?

Archived