Y&R: Pretty Big Devon (yes Devon) spoilers lol

• Members

I know it's hilarious to even say that, but he has a major storyline coming up! I will say, screentime still sucks, but I like that Maria is finally giving us poor black people stories to work with. Something like this is what I've been waiting YEARS for Devon.

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2011/05/16/the-young-and-the-restless-spoilers-colin-goes-after-lily

Now obviously from the spoilers, Devon is going to fall for Abby and Tucker is his dad. I think it's great that he's finally getting a shot at a love interest. Hell, anything. Now if it fails we can say it's Bryton or the characters fault, but at least he's finally getting a chance at a true romance with screentime potential.

As for the Tucker thing, it pretty much screws up what they've said about his father, but I'll take it. We'll see how it works out. I just can't picture Yolanda the Crackhead with Tucker.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for telling us about this.

I think Bryton is underrated and I hope this gives him something to work with.

This sounds like it's going to be more about attempts to prop Fluckers (who has been one of the worst-conceived characters in soap history, one whom the show has seem actively ashamed of for long periods of time) and Devon will be an afterthought. I expect to see scenes of Tucker silently weeping over long ago memories of Yolanda, as Stephen Nichols communicates "H-E-L-P-M-E" with his eye flutters.

It also shows, again, how vacuous the Abby character is. They just throw her into anything because it's never about her. It's all about the various men she shrieks over.

• Members

This surprises me for two reasons, the first Y&R hasn't never given two figs about Devon and the second, I can't believe that Bryton couldn't find more prime time work. His TVD guest arc must have raised his profile. Is he on contract at Y&R? Was he forced into accepting this story because I thought he was put on recurring a year or so ago?

• Members

It's probably not that he couldn't find more work but that there's a lot of competition especially for actors of color.

None of them are stars like Will but all of them (including Tatyana) were working actors before & after Fresh Prince.

Archived