American Idol

Toups

• Members

Yeah I was going to post my thoughts on Paula and Simon both. They both were VERY insensitive last night - when Ryan was about to eliminate one of the contestants - all they did was laugh and not pay attention. You'd think they would act a little professional at that point in the show - I bet these kids walk away from last night with a little less respect for them after the immature way Paula and Simon were acting.

Glad Brenna is gone - she was WAY too much for me. Did you all notice how she stood throughout the entire end in the center as if she was modeling for pictures? Make me gag!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember when I was in the sixth (during the height of the Straight Up phenom) and I seriously wanted to marry Paula...she seemed so innocent. Then I found out she and Janet ended their friendship because Paula had an affair with Janet's married brother Jermaine and got preggers then had an abortion, and I realized innocent Paula was a get-around girl.

CNN's American Morning (far and away superior to the cackling Today and the dry GMA) replayed the footage from last night and basically dragged Ms. Coldhearted Snake across very hot coals.

• Members

It's the truth...the details were outlined in the nasty divorce proceedings between Jermaine Jackson and his wife...public record in the state of California...I remember when Virgin Records (Paula's original label where she was the biggest star in their roster) signed Janet Jackson and the rumors were that Paula went literally nuts.

• Members

New AOL.com poll results:

TOP SIX GUYS:

1. Chris (22%) (+5%)

2. Taylor (22%) (-2%)

3. Ace (15%) (-5%)

4. Elliot (15%) (-1%)

5. Bucky (11%) (+11%)

6. Will (6%) (+6%)

TOP SIX GIRLS:

1. Kellie (19%) (+7%)

2. Mandisa (17%) (+2%)

3. Katharine (17%) (-6%)

4. Ayla (14%) (+5%)

5. Lisa (13%) (-6%)

6. Paris (11%) (-4%)

Huge shift in the vote. I think a week ago, I posted the results. Can't remember them or find them, but I do know for the guys, it's been about constant, although I think Ace and Elliot went down a bit and Bucky and Will made it on there (replacing Sway and Kevin). For the girls, huge changes. Lisa and Paris dropped from the top three slots. Ayla went up. Kellie went WAY up, as did Mandisa. Katharine was #1 but dropped to #3.

And the poll results for the guys eliminated David/Sway (as did the viewers), while for the girls, Kinnik and Heather were eliminated, but in reality it was Heather and Brenna.

So, the poll results do give a small percentage of what could happen. (very small, but still)...

EDIT:

Oh, found last week's poll results:

MEN:

Taylor (24%)

Ace (22%)

Chris (17%)

Elliot (16%)

Kevin (8%)

Sway (4%)

WOMEN:

Katharine (23%)

Lisa (19%)